Good morning and Happy Monday!
I know most folks hate Mondays. If I were still in corporate america, I probably would hate it too. But, as a Mom, Mondays are secretly my favorite. The kids are exhausted from the weekend. They are pretty chill and willing to do what I ask them to do. I may have to threaten the rest of the weeks activities, but for the most part, Mondays are a peaceful day around my house.
It’s also the one guaranteed day that we’ll have a semi put together meal as a family, followed by an evening of just being together. Today’s post is the perfect recipe for such days. It’s simple and a definite crowd pleaser. Combined with some fresh fruit and my kids’ favorite chips and salsa, this is the perfect family meal. I hope you’ll enjoy sitting down as a family tonight 🙂
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 package chicken flavor rice, such as ricearoni
- ¾ cups Frozen Corn
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (11 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook chicken in a skillet with 1 tablespoon hot vegetable oil, about 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Mix in corn, beans and chilies.
- Serve chicken over rice, topped with cheese.
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen.
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 6
ANY CHANGES MADE: We used rice a roni instead of white rice, used canned corn instead of frozen, no yogurt, no salsa, used Monterrey jack cheese instead of cheddar and no cilantro
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: Not sure why we left out the cilantro. Next time, we’ll add it back in. Cilantro makes everything better.
Here are some more easy dinner recipes that your family will LOVE:
For all main dish recipes, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂