It’s no secret that our family loves potatoes. That would be easy to confirm if you just searched “potato” here on the site and saw the dozens of recipes that showed up. 😉 We also like to try out new potato recipes so we can share out favorites with all of you. Today’s recipe for Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole happens to be a new favorite and one I think you will enjoy too. It’s a casserole dish and is baked in the oven, but the best part (other than the bacon and cheese on top) is a layer of cheese in the middle of the potatoes. Yes – you heard me right. You layer potatoes in your baking dish, then add a layer of cheese and top it off with even more potatoes. You can see from the picture above all the cheesy goodness which makes this recipe a winner in our books!
With the holidays fast approaching, we love to have yummy potato recipes for Thanksgiving AND Christmas, and I know many of you do too. In the past, we’ve always had Mashed Potatoes, but over the years we’ve tried other recipes like our Twice Baked Potato Casserole or our Parmesan Sweet Potatoes. This year, we will be making these Cheesy Stuffed Mashed Potatoes again because they were simple and so delicious. We’re hoping you give them a try and let us know what you think as well. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do. 😀
So cheesy and delicious!! Can’t wait to make them for Thanksgiving. 😀
Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole:
- 6 yukon gold potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 3 TB butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- garlic salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled (divided)
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- Boil 8 cups water in a large pot. Add potatoes and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain water and return potatoes to the pot.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add butter, sour cream, garlic salt and pepper to pot and mash until smooth.
- Spoon half of the potatoes into a greased 8x8 pan. Cover with half cup of cheese and half of bacon crumbles.
- Add the rest of the potatoes to the pan and top with remaining cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Add fresh parsley if desired. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Kraft recipes.
For another favorite potato dish, check out:
And for even more delicious potato recipes, check out: