It’s hard not to think about warm, delicious soup recipes in the fall and winter. It’s really the only time of hear I CRAVE them and since they’re usually simple and so tasty, we make them every week this time of year. One of the classic recipes that everyone knows and loves is Chicken Noodle Soup. We have a recipe we’ve used for years (found HERE), but we recently saw a version that used tortellini instead of noodles. Genius, right??
Of course we had to give it a try and the result was delicious. It tasted just like the classic Chicken noodle, but had a little more flavor because you had cheese-filled tortellini inside. We also decided to add some zucchini to change things up and thought it was a great addition.
MY OTHER RECIPES
I know everyone thinks of chicken noodle soup when someone is sick, but if you make this version I know the recipient will be pleasantly surprised. Like I mentioned, it has all the great flavor of the famous soup but with some added bonuses of cheese tortellini and zucchini.
We hope you enjoy it!
Delicious Chicken Tortellini Soup:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 9 oz. package cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 46 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 ½ zucchini, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- bay leaf
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tortellini is tender.
- Discard bay leaf and add any more salt and pepper needed. Serve warm and ENJOY!