This cheesy and delicious crock pot bean dip is made with hardly any effort! SO easy, convenient, and perfect for holiday parties! Grab those chips and get dippin’.
Slow Cooker Version of a Classic
We are BIG fans of bean dip over here. Really, we are big fans of anything that involves cheese, beans, and chips (who isn’t, right?!)
We make this cheesy bean dip on the regular and we love it. This slow cooker version is just as delicious and such a time saver!
Anytime I make this slow cooker bean dip, I am constantly getting compliments and recipe requests. It’s a hit every time I make it! This is such a great recipe to bring to holiday parties, family dinners, etc.! Make it a couple hours ahead of time and you’ve got the yummiest appetizer. I can almost taste it just by writing about it. Those creamy refried beans mixed with the melty cheese and salsa. It’s SO good you guys! Promise me you will make it this season.
how to make it
This tasty dip only requires a small handful of ingredients:
- sour cream
- refried beans (If you’re feeling adventurous, you can make your own refried beans.)
- cream cheese
- taco seasoning (we love using our homemade taco seasoning)
- Mexican cheese
MIX & SLOW COOK. In a medium bowl, mix together the refried beans, sour cream, and cream cheese. Once everything is combined, add in the taco seasoning and up to ¼ cup of the salsa. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker and top with the cheese. Cook on LOW for 2 hours.
SERVE. This bean dip is best served hot out of the crock pot. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy every bite!
If you have any leftovers, scoop it out into airtight containers and keep it refrigerated for 2-3 days. Reheat when necessary in the microwave! Leftovers can also be mixed in with other dishes such as burritos, tostadas, tacos and more.
Switch it up
Though we love this simple version you can easily change up the ingredients to you’re liking:
- Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
- Try another favorite flavor cheese such as cheddar or Monterrey Jack
- Add sliced jalapeños
- Make it ranch bean dip by replacing taco mix with ranch dressing mix
- Add sliced olives
You can even change up what to dip with. The infamous tortilla chip is most popular, but you can also use:
- Fritos- they even make larger scoop shaped ones
- Crackers like Ritz or Triscuits
Regardless of what you add to it or dip in it, I can guarantee this one will be a crowd favorite!
For More Delicious Dips, try:
Crock Pot Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup salsa your favorite kind, optional
- In a medium bowl mix together the refried beans, sour cream, and cream cheese.
- Once combined add taco seasoning and up to 1/4 cup of salsa.
- Pour into the slow cooker and top with cheese.
- Cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!