Super cheesy, with loads of bacon, this creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is the perfect no-fuss dinner option for any night of the week!
If your family is like mine and could eat mac & cheese every night of the week, then you’ve definitely gotta try this super easy, slow cooker version! Made with lots of cheese, and savory, delicious bacon, this mac & cheese will definitely be a new favorite with your family.
Other than cooking the bacon before-hand, there is very little prep that goes into this recipe. It’s great to throw together when you have multiple things going on at home, and don’t have time to be standing in front of the stove. A few stirs while the pasta cooks really helps the cheeses melt nicely. Once the pasta is nearly at al dente, you’ll then add in the spices, and cook for another 30 minutes.
When you open the lid, you’ll discover a creamy, cheesy delicious pasta. Pair with fresh veggies, or a quick green salad for a fantastic weeknight dinner. This is definitely a meal that the entire family will love!
I hope you and your family love this recipe for Mac and Cheese! It really is easy to make, and perfect for those busy nights when you are craving a hot, comforting meal!
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese:
- 2½ c. uncooked cellantani (corkscrew pasta), elbow macaroni, or other small pasta
- 1½ c. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 c. white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. white American cheese slices, chopped
- 1 (12 oz.) can, evaporated milk
- 1½ c. milk, (whole, 2% or skim)
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked crisply and chopped into pieces, divided
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- parsley to garnish, if desired
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- To the slow cooker, add the pasta, Gruyere, Cheddar and American cheeses, both milks, and about 4 strips of bacon. (Reserve 2 slices of chopped bacon for topping.) Stir well to combine. Cover with lid and cook on low for 1½ hours. Approximately ever 30 minutes, stir to incorporate the ingredients.
- After 1½ hours of cooking, add the dry mustard, onion powder, salt, pepper and nutmeg, and stir well. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Cheese AND bacon! I’m going to have to try this soon cause my kids would definitely LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing with us Erin!! For more recipes from her, head on over to DelightfulE Made!
And for more easy pasta recipes, check out these posts: