This easy soda shop style Cake Batter Milkshake is perfect for celebrations and enjoying on a hot summer day!
A party worthy milkshake!!
We loved blending up a cold, creamy milkshake or malt for us, especially to enjoy outside on the porch after a hot summer day.
This Cake Batter Milkshake is definitely something that is perfect for sipping after a warm day. It’s an amazing milkshake that tastes just like it came from the soda shop! It is super easy to make and comes together in minutes.
This fun milkshake is great for celebrating the little things in life, too! When your kids come home with a perfect score on a spelling test, after they hit their first home-run or learning how to ride their bike , a Cake Batter Milkshake with lots of celebratory sprinkles is definitely in order.
Everyone in the family will love this fabulous ice cream drink!
Just mix and enjoy!
BLEND. In a blender, add the ice cream, milk and cake mix. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the sprinkles and pulse once or twice just to combine.
SERVE. Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top. Enjoy right away.
- Drizzle some hot fudge over it
- Use a different cake mix flavor for example use a carrot cake cake mix for a carrot cake milkshake!
- To make a thicker milkshake use slightly less milk than the recipe calls for
- Use a different kind of ice cream to match you cake mix (if you were planning on changing that too).
Tips + Storing Info
If you don’t want to use a basic yellow cake mix you could totally use funfetti cake mix.
For a thicker milkshake use a thicker milk aka whole milk. For an average to thinner milkshake use 2% or skim milk.
To make this dairy free, use a non-dairy ice cream and milk.
To STORE, pour it into a freezer safe cup and place that into a freezer safe bag, this way you can avoid freezer burn. Let it thaw in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving. Don’t forget to remove any straws before freezing the milkshake, or else it won’t turn out very well during the thawing process.
For more cold drinks, check these out:
- Red Velvet Milkshake
- Pudding Milkshake
- Copycat Orange Julius
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
Cake Batter Milkshake Recipe
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups milk cold
- 1/4 cup yellow cake mix or white
- 2 tbsp sprinkles or jimmies
- whipped cream
- extra sprinkles
- maraschino cherries
- In a blender, add the ice cream, milk and cake mix. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the sprinkles and pulse once or twice just to combine.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top. Enjoy right away.
Recipe inspired by DelightfulE Made!