Easy Funfetti blondies are exploding with color and covered in a creamy homemade frosting. They are fun, delish, and ready in a jif!
These Funfetti Blondies are great! The kids were especially fans because of all the color and because they tasted a little like cupcakes. For more Funfetti fun, check out our Funfetti Cookies and Funfetti Pancakes.
Blondies have more fun
Today’s recipe is a FUN version of blondies that are beyond simple. That’s right, these Funfetti Blondies are made with Funfetti Cake Mix and are beyond easy! Consider it a cupcake brownie bar dessert. 🙂
If you’re like me, I am always looking for quick and easy desserts. I usually resort to a cookie or bar because they seem easiest and often find myself looking for great brownie and bar recipes. That’s when I found Funfetti Blondies, and was hooked!
Making the blondies
BATTER. In a bowl, mix cake mix, egg, and oil until well combined. Add milk slowly to the mixture. Stir in chips and mix well.
BAKE. Pour batter into a greased 7 x 11 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. May be a little gooey in the middle but they will set up after a few minutes. Let cool.
FROST. Mix all ingredients for frosting until smooth. Spread over bars.
Note: Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Once the blondies are done cooling off you can simply lift them out of the pan for easy cutting.
How to Change Up + STore
To make these dairy free switch out the milk for almond/soy/cashew milk. I would suggest using the original or perhaps slightly sweetened kinds, rather than unsweetened. You can also substitute the butter for margarine, which is oil based, rather than cream based.
Increase the Fun-fetti: Try adding in extra sprinkles to the batter. It will give the blondies more color and get even more excitement from the kiddos.
- Avoid nonpareils as they may bleed too much and dye your batter. Instead use confetti or quins
- Add festive colorful sprinkles on top of the frosting.
- Add whole and chopped M&Ms
STORE these tightly covered at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also keep the frosting separate in the fridge until you’re ready to eat the rest later.
- FREEZE (unfrosted) for up to 3 months, after they’ve been wrapped in plastic wrap and foil and placed in a freezer safe bag
- Keep them soft by STORING them in an airtight container
- Reeses Pieces Blondie
- Cream Cheese Blondie
- Snickerdoodle Blondie
- White Chocolate Blondie Brownies
Funfetti Blondie Recipe
- 1 box funfetti cake mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix cake mix, egg, and oil until well combined. Add milk slowly to the mixture. Stir in chips and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 7 x 11 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. May be a little gooey in the middle but they will set up after a few minutes. Let cool.
- Mix all ingredients for frosting until smooth. Spread over bars.
Thank you to Julie’s Eats and Treats.