These blondies have an incredible flavor and are perfectly rich and chewy. They are chewy, the vanilla form of a brownie and topped with white chocolate chips.
These white chocolate blondie bars are they are similar to cookies but easier, and we love easy! For more must-have blondies try White chocolate blondies, Snickerdoodle blondies, Reeses pieces blondies, Cream Cheese Blondie, and Funfetti Blondie.
What is a blondie?
There is something so delicious about the chewy caramel flavor of blondies. They are one of my favorite treats.
Blondies vs Brownies: Other than the color, the flavor of the chewy bars is also quite different. Brownies are flavored with chocolate which gives them a rich brown color. Whereas, blondies are flavored with brown sugar and are much lighter in color.
Since brown sugar is a key ingredient, I thought I’d give you a few Brown Sugar tips:
- Make your own brown sugar by mixing one tablespoon of molasses into one cup of granulated sugar.
- keep a slice of bread in the container to keep the sugar soft.
- If your brown sugar did turn rock hard, simply place a damp paper towel over the bowl and microwave in 20 second increments until soft.
- Some recipes specify using light or dark brown sugar. If you have one but not the other you can
- add white sugar to the dark brown sugar to lighten it up
- Add molasses to light brown sugar to darken it
- If a recipe doesn’t specify what type to use, go with light brown sugar.
How to Make Blondies
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
COMBINE. Melt the butter in a large bowl and add the sugars. Use a spoon to stir well.
MIX. Add the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix well and set aside.
STIR. In a separate bowl Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to the butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
FOLD. Fold in the white chocolate chips then, spread the batter evenly into the pan.
BAKE. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, or with fudgy crumbs.
COOL. Remove from oven and top with extra white chocolate chips, if you desire, and let cool. Enjoy!
Topping Ideas: These blondies are great as they are, but you can easily change them up for different textures and flavors. Some ideas include:
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream
- Add chopped nuts like almond or macadamia
- Drizzle with caramel or white chocolate sauce
- Use caramel or butterscotch chips
- Add chocolate touch with a chocolate drizzle or chocolate chips
Tips, Tricks and Storing
Additional Recipe Tips:
- For the fudgiest softest texture don’t let them overcook. I always take mine out as soon as the timer buzzes
- If you use a glass pan you will need to add a little bit more bake time.
- For best results use unsalted butter. No margarine or oil substitutes for this treat!
- Be sure to measure flour correctly by spooning it into the cup and leveling off the top.
- Using room temperature eggs helps them incorporate better and faster with the other ingredients.
How do you make them easier to cut? Line the pan with foil or parchment paper so that it is easy to remove the whole blondie block.Once they’ve cooled simply lift the entire block out of the pan and cut.
How to store blondies: Store blondies in an airtight container for 3-4 days at room temperature, in the fridge for up to a week or freezer fro upt o 3 months.
Freeze: You can freeze them as a block or cut them into squares and freeze them separately. Either way, wrap the blondie(s) with plastic wrap then again with foil. Label and freeze. Thaw before eating.
For more Brownies and Bars, check out:
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Caramel Brownies
- Fudgy Brownies
- Sugar Cookie Bar
- Millionaire Bar
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl and add the sugars. Use a spoon to stir well.
- Add the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to the butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips then, spread the batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, or with fudgy crumbs.
- Remove from oven and top with extra white chocolate chips, if you desire, and let cool. Enjoy!