If you’ve been to my site before you know that I’m a sucker for sweet breads that require no yeast. Who wouldn’t be? To me, a sweet bread recipe is just too good to pass up and if it requires no yeast that’s even better. That may be because I still have no idea how to use yeast (I know, I know – I promise to get it mastered one day). It also helps that non-yeast recipes usually mean they’re quicker to make and that’s always a bonus in my book. 😉
Today’s recipe just happens to be another one of those non-yeast sweet breads, and I know you’re going to love it! It has a cake mix base, cinnamon and glaze. Do I have your attention yet? I’d like to think of it as a cinnamon roll in bread/cake form. YUM!! If you love a quick and easy bread recipe and cinnamon too, then I know you’ll love this Mini Cinnamon Bread. It’s especially wonderful to enjoy on a cold fall or winter day, and I can guarantee your whole family will love it. My kids are huge fans of bread recipes, so they are always so happy when I make them. And who can turn down a sweet, warm piece of bread straight from the oven?
Here’s the delicious recipe…
Mini Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk (plus 1 tsp, if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease and flour 5 mini loaf pans, set aside.
- Combine your cake mix, sour cream, oil and eggs. Mix well with a mixer on low speed, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat for an additional 2 minutes with mixer on medium-high speed, until thick and smooth.
- To make the filling, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Fill each pan about ¼ full with the batter, and then sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons of the filling. Cover each with another layer of batter. Sprinkle the remaining filling over the 5 loafs and use a knife to gently swirl the filling into your top layer of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Keep bread in pans and let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- While loaves are cooling, prepare the glaze by combining your powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir well. Use a spoon to drizzle the glaze over the cooled loaves and ENJOY!
You drooling yet?
I am! Wishing I had a few loaves right now as I’m typing this…. although it’s probably good I don’t since I need extra pounds before next week’s Christmas photos. 😉
Here are some more delicious bread recipes I know you’ll enjoy as well…
Yay for Sweet Quick Bread recipes!!
For all bread recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂