A cool and creamy Oreo Shake whips up in minutes for a classic treat. Perfect for kids and adults alike!!
When I’m craving a cool summertime treat I often turn to Copycat Orange Julius or Aloha tropical Smoothie. But when it needs to be chocolate, an Oreo Shake or Frozen Hot Chocolate are my desserts of choice!
The BEST Oreo Shake
Cookies and cream is one of my go to flavors of choice. I LOVE Oreos!
Cookies and cream anything is practically the family dessert flavor of choice, so what’s better than Oreo mixed with vanilla ice cream?
No need to run to your local shake place, you can make your own creamy Oreo Milkshake right at home!! And the best part, all you do is throw in the ingredients and blend.
Of course, the toppings are important. I like a good dollop of homemade whipped cream and just because… some Oreo cookie crumbles.
If you’re feeling extra, you can top it off with a cherry! It’s sure to be a hit!
How to make an Oreo Shake
BLEND. Add ice cream, milk and Oreos to your blender. Mix until well blended.
Blending Techniques: If you want bigger chunks of cookie, pulse the ingredients inside the blender until it’s the desired consistency. Otherwise, let the blender run until there are no chunks and the Oreo bits are incorporated throughout.
GARNISH + SERVE. Top with whipped cream and crushed Oreos if desired.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup or caramel sauce over the whipped cream topping
- Use a different flavor peanut butter or mint Oreos
- Use Golden Oreos
- Add a ripe banana and blend
- Add 2-4 tbsp of smooth peanut butter and blend
- Use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla
RECIPE Tips + FAQ
Make a milkshake without a blender: Using a blender is the easiest way to get the best milkshake consistency, but if you don’t have one you can still create this easy oreo milkshake.
- Crush the Oreos in a Ziploc bag and allow the ice cream to soften a little.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl. Use a hand mixer or whisk to ‘blend’ all the ingredients together.
- Soften: Allow the ice cream to soften on the counter for 5-10 minutes so that it is easier to scoop.
- Best Color: You may notice that once the Oreos get blended in with the ice cream it creates a grey hue. If you would rather, you can blend the ingredients together without the Oreos. Chop the Oreos separately with a food processor or crush with a rolling pin. Then, gently fold the Oreos into the shake using a plastic spatula.
- Milk: Whole milk will help the shake have a more creamy texture, but any percentage will work. If you can’t have milk you can use unsweetened almond, chase or coconut milk .
How to store? Store covered in the fridge short term. For longer storage you can place it in a freezer safe container and FREEZE Freeze for up to one month. Allow it to soften before re-blending it.
Another great way to store leftover shake is to turn it into popsicles.
For more Oreo Desserts, try:
Oreo Shake Recipe
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 16 Oreos
- whipped cream
- Add ice cream, milk and Oreos to your blender. Mix until well blended.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed Oreos if desired.