It’s PUMPKIN time!! We’re officially sharing our FIRST pumpkin recipe of the season, and I couldn’t be more excited. It means pumpkin and soup recipes will be popping up every where and fall is on it’s way! I love this time of year because I love the holidays and they literally make me giddy with excitement.
Today’s recipe is one my aunt’s hubby shared with me last year. We had stopped by on Thanksgiving to say hi and she had made it for her family and she insisted I try it. I’m a recent pumpkin convert but was excited to give this a try, and I immediately fell in love. It’s a Pumpkin Dump Cake, and I knew I needed the recipe in my life. I took a picture of it and wanted to make sure I shared it with all of you this year.
Mix pumpkin, milk, ginger, cloves, sugar, eggs and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour into a greased and floured 9×13 pan.
Sprinkle cake mix and chopped pecans on top.
Cut butter very thin and layer all over cake mix and pecans.
You may have already tried a recipe similar to this, but I’m so glad I was finally introduced last year. If you’re a pumpkin lover or know of one, this simple recipe will definitely be a winner.
For more pumpkin cake recipes, check out:
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese frosting
- Magic Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Salted Caramel Cake
How to make Pumpkin Dump Cake:
- 30 oz. can pumpkin
- 16 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, ginger, cloves, sugar, eggs and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix and chopped pecans on top.
- Cut butter very thin and cover all over cake mix.
- Bake for 1 hour and served warm with whipped cream. ENJOY!