Slow Cooker Rice Pudding that is rich and creamy! This rice and milk treat with cinnamon is a cinch to make, especially since it’s all done in the crock pot!
Slow cooker for the win!
Cooler temperatures are upon us, and at my house that means it’s time for comfort food! Rice pudding has always been a favorite of all of my kiddos. They love it for breakfast, snacks, and dessert (we even have a Mexican Rice Pudding recipe too!)
In the past, I have always used the traditional method of making rice pudding, which requires cooking and stirring in a pan on the stovetop. I decided to try a slow cooker rice pudding recipe. To tell the truth, I was pretty skeptical. I wasn’t sure it would turn out as nice and creamy as my regular recipe.
Fortunately, it turned out great and was beyond simple!!
I just dumped everything in my crock pot and set the timer. I only had to stir it once during cooking, and it turned out just perfect.
crockpot Rice Pudding tips
To make this recipe, you just add all the ingredients (rice, evaporated milk, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt).
Whisk this together in the slow cooker and cook for the following:
- HIGH for 2-3 hours
- LOW for 4-5.
I cooked mine on HIGH for 2 hours and 45 minutes, and it was perfect. Just a few tips…
- Add more cinnamon on top when serving if you like the cinnamon taste
- Add raisins or nuts to the mixture if you like those too
- You shouldn’t have to stir the mixture, but we did (just to be safe) half way through cooking
- STORING: Place in a plastic container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
My family finished it off so fast that next time I’ll be making a double batch. It is perfectly creamy, and has just the right amount of cinnamon. It is a perfect treat on a chilly day.
For more cinnamon-y treats, check out:
Crock Pot Rice Pudding Recipe
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Whisk together to blend in the cinnamon.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or on LOW for 4-5. I cooked mine on HIGH for 2 hours and 45 minutes.