Easy Slow Cooker Rice Pudding is rich and creamy. It is flavored with cinnamon for a comforting family favorite!
Slow cooker rice pudding is a cinch to make, especially since it’s all done in the crock pot! My family finished off this rice and milk treat so fast that next time I’ll be making a double batch. Be sure to also try Bread Pudding, Easy Rice Pudding, and Sticky Toffee Pudding.
Slow cooker for the win!
Cooler temperatures are upon us, and at my house that means it’s time for comfort food! Rice pudding has always been a favorite of all of my kiddos. They love it for breakfast, snacks, and dessert (we even have a Mexican Rice Pudding recipe too!)
In the past, I have always used the traditional method of making rice pudding, which requires cooking and stirring in a pan on the stovetop. I decided to try a slow cooker rice pudding recipe. To tell the truth, I was pretty skeptical. I wasn’t sure it would turn out as nice and creamy as my regular recipe.
Fortunately, it turned out great and was beyond simple!!
crockpot Rice Pudding
To make slow cooker rice pudding, you just add all the ingredients (rice, evaporated milk, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt).
COMBINE & COOK. Whisk this together in the slow cooker and cook for the following:
- HIGH for 2-3 hours
- LOW for 4-5.
Tips, Variations + SToring Info
I cooked mine on HIGH for 2 hours and 45 minutes, and it was perfect. Just a few tips:
- You shouldn’t have to stir the mixture, but we did (just to be safe) half way through cooking
- Grease your crockpot with butter, spray with cooking spray, or use a slow cooker liner to prevent the pudding from sticking to the sides. Cleaning up will be a breeze!
- Rinse your rice in some cold water before adding it to the crockpot. This extra step can help the consistency of your pudding to come out a little smoother.
- If you would like your pudding to turn out lighter in color, wait to add the cinnamon until right before you are ready to serve it.
- Add more cinnamon on top when serving if you like the cinnamon taste
- Add raisins or nuts to the mixture if you like those too
STORE rice pudding in a plastic container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
To FREEZE, leftover rice pudding store it in a Ziploc freezer bag and when you are ready to use it, defrost it in the fridge overnight. It will keep well for about 3 months.
For more easy, delicious desserts give some of these great recipes a try:
Crock Pot Rice Pudding Recipe
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Whisk together to blend in the cinnamon.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or on LOW for 4-5. I cooked mine on HIGH for 2 hours and 45 minutes.