Easy Slow Cooker Rice Pudding is rich and creamy. It is flavored with cinnamon for a comforting family favorite!
Slow cooker rice pudding is a cinch to make, especially since it’s all done in the crock pot! My family finished off this rice and milk treat so fast that next time I’ll be making a double batch. Be sure to also try Bread Pudding, Easy Rice Pudding, and Sticky Toffee Pudding.
Slow cooker for the win!
Cooler temperatures are upon us, and at my house that means it’s time for comfort food! Rice pudding has always been a favorite of all of my kiddos. They love it for breakfast, snacks, and dessert (we even have a Mexican Rice Pudding recipe too!)
In the past, I have always used the traditional method of making rice pudding, which requires cooking and stirring in a pan on the stovetop. I decided to try a slow cooker rice pudding recipe. To tell the truth, I was pretty skeptical. I wasn’t sure it would turn out as nice and creamy as my regular recipe.
Fortunately, it turned out great and was beyond simple!!
crockpot Rice Pudding
To make slow cooker rice pudding, you just add all the ingredients (rice, evaporated milk, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt).
COMINE & COOK. Whisk this together in the slow cooker and cook for the following:
- HIGH for 2-3 hours
- LOW for 4-5.
Storing + Tips
I cooked mine on HIGH for 2 hours and 45 minutes, and it was perfect. Just a few tips:
- Add more cinnamon on top when serving if you like the cinnamon taste
- Add raisins or nuts to the mixture if you like those too
- You shouldn’t have to stir the mixture, but we did (just to be safe) half way through cooking
- STORE rice pudding in a plastic container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
For more cinnamon-y treats, check out:
Crock Pot Rice Pudding Recipe
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Whisk together to blend in the cinnamon.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or on LOW for 4-5. I cooked mine on HIGH for 2 hours and 45 minutes.