Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies are on the table in minutes and easy to clean up! This healthy dish is a perfect weeknight dinner.
If only every dinner recipe could be this easy to make and clean up! For more one-pan dinners try Skillet Lasagna, Arroz con Pollo, or Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas!
Sheet pan meals Win!
We love a good one-pot meal, or in this case a one-sheet-pan meal! They are quick, easy, and a snap to clean up.
Sheet pan sausage and veggies is one of our favorites. It’s filled with veggies, so flavorful, and easy to switch up with your favorite vegetables.
The best part is this sausage sheet pan dinner is on the table in only 30 minutes! It’s a tasty, healthy dinner recipe the entire family will love!
Ready in 30
This easy dinner recipe is a perfect weeknight meal! Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers is quick and simple, what could be better?
PREP. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease it with cooking spray. (You can also use parchment paper).
POTATOES. Add potatoes to the pan and drizzle with some olive oil and season with garlic salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
SAUSAGE + VEGGIES. Remove from the oven and add the remaining vegetables and sausage slices. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat.
BAKE. Bake for 20 minutes.
Types of sausage. There are many different types of Italian Sausage that can be used in this Roasted Sausage and Veggies recipe. Simply choose the preferred flavor/meat type:
- Use whole 30 sausage links
- Turkey sausage, chicken sausage, or pork sausage
- Choose sweet, mild, or hot sausage
- Use a meat-free sausage
It’s a great idea to flip the sausage and veggies halfway through the roasting time.
- Chop the vegetables about the same size. Root vegetables (like potatoes and carrots) will need a bit longer to cook so they go in the oven first, then add the remaining veggies.
- Spread the ingredients in a single layer and don’t crowd the pan, otherwise, the vegetables will steam and be softer instead of roasted and crisp.
- Change it up by using mushrooms, sweet potato, zucchini, cauliflower, baby carrots, asparagus, purple onion, cherry tomatoes, or brussel sprouts.
- Use a frozen vegetable medley, just note that they tend to release more liquid and may not turn out as crisp as fresh vegetables.
Make ahead of time. Chop most of the vegetables 1-2 days ahead of time and store them in airtight containers in the fridge.
Since potatoes tend to brown after being cut, place them in a bowl of cold water and keep them in the fridge for up to 12 hours. Drain and pat dry before roasting.
STORE leftovers in an airtight container(s) in the fridge for 3-4 days.
FREEZE. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Reheat in the microwave, air fryer, or oven.
This dish already has protein and veggies so you could eat this alone or serve it with Cauliflower Rice, quinoa, or Cheesy Garlic Bread.
Adjust the flavor of this Healthy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies by simply adding different seasonings. I love topping it with parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, adding a bit of heat by using paprika or red pepper flakes, or sweetening it with a drizzle of honey.
For more Vegetable-Based Dinners:
- Zucchini Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups
- Veggie Panini
- Zucchini Boats
- Baked Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Kabobs
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4 small red potatoes washed, sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head broccoli washed and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper sliced and seeded
- 1 cup fresh green beans trim the ends or 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 4 sausage links sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- fresh parsley if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease it with cooking spray. (You can also use parchment paper)
- Add potatoes to the pan and drizzle with some olive oil and season with garlic salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the remaining vegetables and sausage slices. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
I really enjoy the sheet pan meals. Very basic food made with whatever ingredients you want. Love this idea.
This looks like the perfect weeknight dinner, excited to try it out this week!
I love a sheet pan meal and this was delicious! 5 out of 5 people here loved it!
Sheet pan meals are the best! This was so easy to put together and my family really enjoyed it! Thank you
This is one way to get my kids to eat veggies!! They are super tasty & adding the sausage, makes it a hearty meal!