Our favorite Turkey Pot Pie is homey and delicious. The ultra-easy crust is made from biscuit mix and it’s a recipe the whole family loves!
Turkey Pot Pie is a tasty veggie filled dinner, perfect for using up that tasty turkey. We also love to fill Turkey Noodle Soup or whip up a Turkey Cranberry Sandwich with all of that leftover goodness!
we love turkey leftovers!
After a huge holiday dinner (because let’s face it, what other time of the year do we whip up a turkey) we tend to have a Ziploc full of leftovers. Now this doesn’t bother me one bit, because I have plenty of ways to use up these tasty bits!
One of our favorites it turkey pot pie. It is warm and homey, and just so tasty. The kids favorite part is the biscuit topping! I must admit I love it too. It’s a quick and easy way to top it all off. Yum!!
Making Turkey pot pie
PREP. Preheat oven to 350.
TURKEY. Layer half the turkey followed by the eggs, carrots and corn in a 2-quart casserole dish (or 10 inch pie dish). Top with the remaining turkey.
SAUCE. In a medium bowl, mix together chicken soup, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour over your layers.
BISCUITS. In a separate bowl, whisk together biscuit mix and milk. Pour over the casserole.
BAKE. Drizzle melted butter over the top and bake for 35 minutes. Serve warm. ENJOY!
My family loves the ingredients I use in the pot pie and I always share with you exactly what I love. However, if the ingredients here aren’t your favorite you can easily substitute them with other veggies. Be sure the total amount adds up to 1 ½ cups and that they are all cut to about the same size. Some alternative ingredients you might like to try include:
- green beans
Whether you want to make the pot pie ahead of time or store leftovers for later the instructions apply to both. Allow the pot pie to cool off before covering and storing
- Fridge: Store in the fridge for 3-5 days
- Freezer: Be sure to double wrap with plastic and again with foil. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Reheat: Heat the oven to 350 and bake until warmed throughout. Smaller portions can also be heated up in the microwave.
For more tasty Turkey Recipes:
Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- 2 cup cooked turkey cubed or diced, divided
- 3 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper optional
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix instant
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Layer half the turkey followed by the eggs, carrots and corn in a 2-quart casserole dish (or 10 inch pie dish). Top with the remaining turkey.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chicken soup, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour over your layers.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together biscuit mix and milk. Pour over the casserole.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top and bake for 35 minutes. Serve warm. ENJOY!