A Delicious and flavorful sandwich made with Eckrich Oven Roasted turkey Breast, cranberry sauce and stuffing. It’s a great way to use leftover food from the holidays and an easy recipe that can be made into a meal or appetizer.
Turkey Cranberry and Stuffing sandwich!
We all know that the holidays center so much around food, but isn’t that one of the main reasons we all love the holidays?!
From Thanksgiving all the way to New Years we are planning so many fun activities and traditions and love to have food at the heart of it all, especially with friends and family in town.
Recently, we had an amazing Thanksgiving and had some leftovers (like so many do), so we wanted to put together a recipe that would be a great and delicious way to use up those leftovers. Since the kids love to get in the kitchen and help with EVERYTHING I make, they helped me create a Turkey Cranberry and Stuffing Sandwich that was out of this world. It includes delicious Eckrich Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, cranberry sauce and stuffing. The kids had so much fun layering it all, and may have even added a few additions (like cheese and gravy to the mix!)
The combination of flavors makes it taste like HOLIDAY in your mouth. Another reason why it’s great, is that it can be made in a mini version as sliders to be an appetizer too!
Eckrich Deli Meat
We love to use Eckrich Deli Meat in our sandwiches and appetizers because of their high quality and taste. They’re also 100% gluten-free, are easy to work with and have many varieties to choose from – turkey, chicken, ham, bologna, beef, salami, pastrami and more!
For their turkey products, they offer:
- Browned Turkey
- Mesquite Smoked Turkey
- Smoked Turkey
- Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- Honey Roasted Turkey Breast
We knew the Eckrich Oven Roasted Turkey Breast would be great for these sandwiches and we were right. The flavor was amazing, and it was absolutely delicious mixed with the cranberry and stuffing!
How to Make Turkey Cranberry Sandwiches
Putting these sandwiches together is a cinch!
Bread. We chose some artisan bread buns because they were extra soft, but wanted to toast the bottoms for a bit of a crunch. To do that, we buttered and added them to the skillet for a few minutes. Just note that any bread works for this. You can use anything from leftover Thanksgiving rolls to sourdough bread. Multi grain wheat bread or croissants are particularly yummy, but you can choose what you like best.
From there, we put together all the fixings, which included: Eckrich Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Deli Meat, olive oil mayo, lettuce, cranberry sauce and stuffing. A few of our kids aren’t huge fans of stuffing, so we omitted that for theirs and added cheese instead which was a great addition. Layer it how you want and enjoy this yummy concoction.
MORE Sandwich toppings:
You can choose to keep your sandwich simple, or load it with toppings. There are so many delicious choices:
- lettuce or spinach leaves
- cucumber slices
- tomato slices
- red onions
- cream cheese spread
- cheese: Swiss, Pepper jack, American, Mozzarella, Provolone
All of these work great with a turkey and cranberry combo!
How to Store + Variations
Storing Leftover Turkey: Store leftover turkey slices in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To FREEZE the turkey, store the slices in a freezer safe, airtight container for up to 3 months.
Sandwich Combo Variations:
- Cranberry Turkey Panini: Spread cream cheese on one slice of sourdough bread. Add turkey slices, spinach and cranberry sauce, then cover with the other slice of bread. Spread butter on the outer slices and grill in a panini press.
- Cranberry Grilled Cheese: Heat up a griddle. Add turkey slices, cheese and cranberry sauce to sliced bread. Butter the outer sides of the bread and grill until cheese has melted.
- Cranberry Turkey Club: Use your choice of sandwich bread and add lettuce, tomato, bacon, turkey slices and cranberry sauce.
There are endless recipes that can be made with Eckrich deli meat, and we can’t wait to test a few more out this holiday season. We are especially excited to try a slider version of these turkey cranberry sandwiches as well as the grilled cheese version, which can be great for lunch, dinner, or even cut up smaller for appetizers.
Be sure to gather the family, get in the kitchen and make some yummy recipes this holiday season! For more recipe inspiration, product information, and where to buy, visit Eckrich.com.
More Turkey Recipes:
Turkey Cranberry and Stuffing Sandwich
- 12 slices Eckrich Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 4 artisan buns
- 4 tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 cup stuffing
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- Toast your buns by buttering them and added them to the skillet for a few minutes.
- For each sandwich, add 1 tbsp mayo, 4 slices of Eckrich deli turkey meat, 1/4 cup cranberry sauce, lettuce and 1/4 cup stuffing. Layer as desired and enjoy.