These yogurt pancakes are quick, easy and delicious! The yogurt adds a bit of sweetness and makes these pancakes so soft and fluffy. Use vanilla yogurt, greek yogurt, or any flavor of yogurt you like!
We like to make additions to our traditional pancake recipe to make our breakfast even more delicious and unique! This yogurt pancake goes on the list of winners, along with peanut butter banana pancakes and bacon pancakes!!
Pancakes made with Yogurt
Who here loves pancakes?! My whole family does, but to change things up we’ve been trying different varieties, including today’s recipe for Yogurt Pancakes.
Not only does yogurt add some sweetness to the batter, but it makes the pancakes so fluffy and delicious. We added some fruit on top and the pancakes were gone in minutes – no joke. My kids couldn’t get enough!
These pancakes are obviously perfect for breakfast any day, but we also love to have them for dinner too. They are simple, take minutes to make and are a recipe enjoyed by the entire family. That’s what we call a WIN!
Tips for making these pancakes
Like most pancakes, this recipe is very simple. Begin by combining flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt and water. Combine these two ingredients and bake on a hot griddle.
A few tips for cooking pancakes:
- Use butter or cooking spray to keep the cakes from sticking to the pan/griddle. Since pancakes absorb the butter be sure you add just a little butter as needed.
- Be sure the pan is about 375 degrees. Too hot and the outside will burn, too cold and the pancake will be tough.
- Flip when the edges start to cook AND the center batter bubbles.
- Only flip the pancake once!
- The second side will cook faster than the first.
- Don’t press down on the pancake with the back of your spatula. It will not help it cook faster (seriously!) and will really only flatten them.
Yogurt variations: I used normal vanilla yogurt for this recipe, but Greek yogurt works well too. You can also use a flavored yogurt and pair it with it’s fresh fruit counterpart: Blueberry yogurt with blueberries, Pineapple yogurt with crushed pineapples, Strawberry yogurt with strawberries. You get the picture!
Sometimes there’s just nothing better than a stack of pancakes with syrup (or even better – Buttermilk Syrup!)
For even more pancake recipes, check out:
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Apple Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Strawberries and Cream Pancakes
- Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
- German Pancakes
- Banana Pancakes
Yogurt Pancakes recipe
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt and water.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter onto a hot griddle sprayed with cooking spray. When bubbles begin to form on the top, turn your pancake. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 12 pancakes
- ANY CHANGES MADE: used vanilla yogurt
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Adapted from Taste of Home.