When temperatures get in the 80’s we’re in full fledged winter gear here in AZ. My kids think they need to wear their jackets when it barely cools down and I often find them bundled in blankets when it’s 70 degrees. Fortunately, I think those temps are right around the corner and it couldn’t make me more excited because that means it’s Soup Season and time for the holidays (two things that make me very happy).
I know we’ve shared several soup recipes over the last few weeks, but we had too many good ones not to share. Today’s recipe for Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Stew is another winner recipe. Everyone loved it, but the adults especially enjoyed this hearty and delicious recipe. It is super creamy and bursting with flavor! Best part is, it’s all made in a crock pot. Simple, convenient and TASTY – can’t beat that! If you’re looking for an easy and delicious soup recipe, we highly recommend this one. It’s great for dinner or you upcoming Soup Potluck!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts (cooked), cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 TB butter
- 4 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1 (10 ¾ oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 - 1 oz. packet dry ranch dressing mix
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Parsley flakes
- Add butter to the bottom of a crock pot. Let melt. Stir in all of the vegetables coating with the butter. Season diced chicken as desired and add to the crock pot.
- Mix together the soup, milk, sour cream, chicken broth and ranch dressing mix. Pour on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-6.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve
Adapted from thecozycook.com
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 4-6 servings
ANY CHANGES MADE: removed the onions, string beans and celery, added 1 cup chicken broth
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
For more soup recipes made in the crock pot, check out these winners:
For all soup recipes, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!