Morning! All you AZ folks can agree with me when I say its abnormally cold here. Am I right?? I mean, I’m wearing socks in the house! That just shows you how desperate I am to get warm. That, and making soup is what’s saving us right now. Which brings me to a great new recipe we recently tried for a Crock Pot Taco Soup. We’ve had our original Taco Soup recipe for as long as I can remember, but this one is slightly different and is made in the slow cooker. SCORE!!
This Crock Pot Taco Soup makes perfect sense! All these ingredients are a great combination and make for a really delicious meal. It is super creamy, and I think you’ll agree that it is PERFECT for dinner on a cold day. Add some warm rolls and you’ll make the kiddos happy too 🙂 Try for yourself!
Here is the printable recipe:
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 TB taco seasoning
- 1 ¼ cup chunky salsa
- ½ cup water
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 can green chilis
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 8 oz canned corn
- cilantro (optional)
- avocados (optional)
- Place chicken in crock pot with ½ cup water poured over the top.
- In a large bowl mix together all of your remaining ingredients. Pour over top, completely covering chicken. Cook on LOW for 4 - 6 hrs.
- Stir everything together and top with cheddar cheese and other toppings (optional). Enjoy!
- *This can also be done on the stove top (using shredded chicken) over medium heat, until warm (about 20 - 25 minutes)
Adapted from A Spark of Creativity.
So much flavor in such a simple soup!!
Here are some more of our favorite soup recipes to make on cold winter days:
For all soup recipes on the site, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.