Did you know it’s National Lasagna Day on Sunday? If not, no worries, I’m sharing our family’s favorite lasagna recipe today!
My mom makes Lasagna for the family all the time. It’s one of those meals that the entire family loves. It can usually feed us all too, which is a bonus since the family is pretty large. Not sure how that will be in a few years when there are even more kids, but I’m sure we’ll have to start doubling the recipe soon.
Over the years my mom has tried a TON of Lasagna recipes, but recently she has been using the same one because all of us kids loved it. It has become our favorite Lasagna, and my mom loves it just because it’s an easy Lasagna recipe.
- 1 TB Vegetable Oil
- 3-4 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 TB basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 1 lb. beef
- 1 lb. pork
- 1 16 oz. container sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 pkg. lasagna noodles no boil
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a pan, saute garlic in Vegetable oil on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in basil, salt, a little pepper, and tomato sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn down to low and continue to simmer.
- In another pan, brown your beef and pork. Add browned meat to your sauce and continue to simmer.
- In a bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 pan, spread 1 cup of your sauce on the bottom. Layer with lasagna noodles and spread another cup of sauce on top of the noodles.
- Add a layer of slices mozzarella cheese and then half the sour cream mixture.
- Then add another layer of noodles, followed by a cup of sauce, another layer of sliced mozzarella and the rest of the sour cream mixture.
- Then add one more layer of noodles and the last of the sauce.
- Add Parmesan cheese to the top and bake for 25-30 minutes. ENJOY!
We always make the same sides to go with this recipe – garlic bread, Fried Zucchini and Tortellini Salad. We may add a small fruit salad with it, but that would be if we were trying to eat healthy (which never seems to happen on Sunday Dinner!) LOL!
For those recipes:
And for another yummy Italian dish be sure to check out:
Hope you can make this for Sunday to celebrate!