If you’re a fan of Mexican food, you’ll LOVE this Mexican Lasagna recipe! Flour tortillas layered with tons of cheese, shredded chicken, las palmas green chile enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, and lots of seasonings!!
Best Mexican Lasagna Recipe
As you probably know by now, my family are HUGE fans of Mexican food! We make it all the time for typical weeknight dinners, and you can pretty much guarantee that it will make an appearance at nearly every extended family gathering. In fact, it was actually my mom who found this recipe for Mexican Lasagna years and years ago in the LDS Living Magazine. Let me preface by saying that this dish looked a lot like a casserole, and I’m not the biggest casserole lover. But I decided to try it anyway, and to my surprise it was one of the best recipes I had tried in a LOOOONG time!
It’s called Mexican Lasagna because all of the ingredients are layered, similar to a traditional lasagna. Except they are all ingredients you would find in Mexican food! Tortillas instead of noodles, chicken in green chile sauce instead of beef in tomato sauce, black beans instead of spinach… You get the picture! Bottom line, it’s sooooo cheesy and delicious, plus it’s extremely simple to put together! Trust me, this Mexican Lasagna recipe will not leave you disappointed.
How to Make Mexican Lasagna With Tortillas:
- Cut tortillas in half, and set aside.
- Mix shredded chicken, sour cream, black beans, enchilada sauce, corn, half of your cilantro and all the spices into a large bowl.
- In a prepared 9×13 pan, scoop 1/3 of the chicken mixture into the bottom of the pan, spreading it evenly. Place one layer of cut tortillas over the chicken mixture. (*Tip*: place the tortillas with the straight edge where you cut it against the side of the pan, and then fill in the remaining hole in the middle.) Top the tortillas with 1/3 of your shredded cheese.
- Repeat layering the chicken mixture, tortillas and cheese two more times. So in the end, there will be 3 layers of the chicken, tortilla, and cheese sequence.
- Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. The dish should be cooked all the way through.
We like to serve ours with additional sour cream and cilantro, but this is totally optional!
This dish is perfect for large gatherings because it can easily feed a crowd. We like to make it for Cinco de Mayo whenever we have a party! Try it for your next get together, it will not disappoint. 😉
what to serve with mexican lasagna:
For more easy Mexican dishes, check out:
- Baked Taquitos
- Red Cheese Enchiladas
- Green Chili Smothered Burritos
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Creamy Refried Beans
Mexican Lasagna Recipe
If you're a fan of Mexican food, you'll LOVE this Mexican Lasagna recipe! Flour tortillas layered with tons of cheese, shredded chicken, las palmas green chile enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, and lots of seasonings!!
- 1 lb chicken cooked and shredded
- 16 oz sour cream
- 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada sauce
- 15.25 oz corn drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 8 oz Mexican Cheese Blended shredded
Cut tortillas in half and set aside.
Mix chicken, sour cream, black beans, enchilada sauce, corn, half of cilantro and spices into a large bowl.
In a 9x13 pan, scoop ⅓ of chicken mixture into the bottom of the pan. Spread evenly. Place one layer of cut tortillas over the chicken mixture. Top with ⅓ of shredded cheese. Repeat with chicken mixture, tortillas and cheese. In the end, there will be 3 layers of the chicken, tortilla, and cheese sequence.
Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until cheese is bubble or dish is cooked all the way through.
Serve with additional sour cream and cilantro if desired.