Earlier today I shared with you another family favorite recipe called Kansas City Dirt Cake.
Well, recently I saw in a magazine a different version of this cake that was jazzed up a bit for Halloween. I loved it so much and wanted to share it with you today. I’m calling it Graveyard Dirt Cake.
Not only is it an easy and yummy cake but it’s one of those desserts that looks like you spent hours on it and really didn’t. It just looks that good!!
Fun and festive, right?!
It’s pretty much the same as the Dirt Cake from earlier today with the additions on top.
Here is the recipe in case you missed it:
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large container cool whip
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 boxes white chocolate or vanilla pudding 3.3 oz. boxes
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- tombstone cookies
- candy corn pumpkins
- Crush ⅔ package of oreos and place in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and margarine (or butter) until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and fold in whipped topping. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix pudding, milk and vanilla. Fold this mixture in with the cream cheese micture.
- Pour over crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with the reserve oreos.
- Sprinkle with the reserve crushes oreos. Add cookies and pumpkins to the top. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
These are the kinds of cookies I used for the tombstones:
They worked perfect!!
And who doesn’t love these mallow pumpkins?
Perfect Graveyard Dirt with tombstone and pumpkin!
This would be the perfect Halloween dessert that is festive and yummy!!
And here are some more yummy Halloween recipes…
For all Halloween ideas go Here.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!