I often find myself scouring the pantry in the afternoon trying to figure out what to make for dinner.
Please tell me I’m not the only, lol. I do admit there have been times we’ve had cereal, and that’s okay in my books. BUT, If I have time and have been organized that week I really like to make a nice meal for my family. I usually find something with chicken and run with it, because you really can’t go wrong with chicken, right?
This next recipe is one my mom found and tried several months ago. She couldn’t remember if she had found it online or in a magazine, but she tried it, and it was a hit! The whole family loved it (my fam pretty much loves any chicken and pasta recipe). The chicken was super tender and the sauce made it even better (sauces that call for whipping cream are ALWAYS good!)
I’m adding this Lemon Chicken Pasta to the meal rotation! Doesn’t it look SO good?
Like I said before, how can you go wrong with Chicken and Pasta recipes?
- 4 grilled chicken breast sliced
- 1 pound cooked penne
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1-2 whole lemons
- 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Half & Half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cook pasta as directed on box. Reserve one cup water, set pasta aside.
- In same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Squeeze in juice of 3 lemons and whisk together.
- Pour half & half and cream together and whisk until hot. Dump in cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt pepper to taste
- Check consistency and add hot pasta water until you reach your desired thickness. Stir in half of your basil.
- Pour pasta and sauce into a large bowl. Add chicken, sprinkle remaining basil on top. ENJOY with some garlic bread. Yum!
My mom always finds the best recipes!! I think it’s because she has become a pro at looking at the ingredients and knowing from there if it’s one to try or not to try.
For more Pasta-type dishes, be sure to try:
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.