Deliciously crispy baked chicken wings have endless possibilities. Bake in the oven, and dip in your favorite sauces!
We think you’ll be surprised just how easy these wings are to make. Simple, delicious and great as appetizers or even dinner. We hope you love them!
Easy Baked Wings
Sometimes I want all the fried food. Like these boneless buffalo wings. But then my mind tells me I should probably make healthier choices. So sometimes I opt for baked recipes instead. And we shouldn’t be surprised that baked is just as yummy as fried!
Today’s baked wings are REALLY easy to make. Just a few simple steps to the most delicious appetizer or dinner idea to make for your friends and family.
This is a classic recipe that you should always have on hand. It’s so easy to bake these yummy wings in the oven, grab your favorite sauces and dips, and enjoy!
How to Bake Chicken Wings
These tasty wings are boiled, dried, and then baked in the oven. That’s how you will get that nice crispy outer skin. Here is how you make them…
BOIL. While the oven preheats to 450 degrees, bring to a boil 2 quarts (8 cups) of water with salt. Make sure you have a large pot to hold the water.
SIMMER + COOK. Bring the water down to a simmer. Add the wings and cook for about 8 minutes. Transfer the wings to paper towels to dry. Pat them dry to get all the extra moisture out.
BAKE. Place all of the wings on greased baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Take them out and flip. Continue to cook an additional 5-10 minutes. When they’re ready the skin should look golden and crispy.
Tips + Storing Info
Tips for getting them crispy:
- Make sure you completely dry the chicken after they have been boiled.
- Cook them in the oven until the skin is golden brown! Do not undercook or they won’t be crispy enough.
Best Sauces. There are so many great dips and sauces for these wings. Here are some of the go-to’s we use:
- Buffalo sauce
- Honey BBQ
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Fry Sauce
- don’t forget to dip them in ranch dressing!
Make these wings ahead of time and then freeze them! Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Place the wings in a freezer safe container or Ziploc freezer bags.
- If using a container, put each wing on the bottom and don’t overlap them with other wings, then press closed tightly.
- If using a freezer bag make sure to place any sharp edges, such as the bottom of the wings, upright towards the top to keep the bag from ripping. Also make sure to only fill the bag up half-way.
- It’s best to store the frozen wings in the back of the freezer where it is coldest.
- Be careful not to stack bags or containers on top of each other until the chicken is fully frozen so they freeze properly.
STORE leftover chicken wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
To reheat frozen chicken first either thaw in the fridge overnight or microwave on the defrost setting. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then place wings on a foil lined baking sheet and bake uncovered for 15 min or until they are heated through completely.
For more similar recipes, check out:
- Baked Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Oven Baked Drumsticks
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Add 2 quarts (8 cups) of water to a large pot along with salt and bring to a boil
- Bring water to a simmer and add wings and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Drain wings and let dry, making sure to pat try too.
- Place wings on greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 5-10 minutes. Skin should look golden and crispy.
- Toss in any warmed sauces desirable - buffalo, teriyaki, bbq and serve warm.
Thanks for sharing a yummy baked version! This is a great base for so many wing flavors!! My family loves wings!!
My husband and i love wings, but i dont always like to fry them up. I love thIs healthIer baked version
My family loves Chicken Wings. THis recipe is a keeper for sure! I love that you shared Recipes for Sauces and Storage Ideas!
These baked wings are jusT as good as the deep fried version! Just healthier. You can make them with the sauce of your liking.
We love wings at our house and I love that these are BAKED! A little more healthy and have such a great taste and flavor.