Crispy roasted Brussel sprouts that are seasoned with balsamic vinegar, garlic, and olive oil! These Brussel sprouts are life-changing delicious!
brussel sprouts + balsamic glaze = delish!
Brussel Sprouts are one of my go-to veggie side dishes. They go with almost any main dish out there. Our favorite way to cook them is roasting them in the oven. I think they taste best when roasted with some olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Today’s version also has balsamic vinegar mixed in there and it’s to. die. for. And because it’s the latest addiction, we’ve been making these sprouts with the balsamic vinegar reduction and a little shredded parmesan sprinkled on top! How good does that sound??
This recipe is perfect for your new year’s resolution to eat more vegetables! It takes an ordinary vegetable and turns it into something delectable! They are great for serving on the side of dinner, or preparing them and eating as a healthy lunch idea. Either way, you are bound to love them. And I promise your kids will like them too! The flavor is undeniable.
Brussel sprouts look like mini cabbages. Though not a cabbage they are part of the same family, along with broccoli and cauliflower. I must say all of which often get a bad rap. Due to being cooked incorrectly they can become soggy and stinky.
On the flip side when cooked correctly they make a delicious dish. These sprouts will have an appealing beautiful green color, a slightly crisp texture and bright almost nutty flavor.
To prep the sprouts wash in one of two ways:
- Rinse them under lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Soak for 10 minutes in a bowl of lukewarm water. Adding 1 tsp of baking soda for every 2 cups of water will help clean them more thoroughly then water alone. Keep in mind, if you choose to soak them you’ll need to allow extra time for the excess water to drain out of them.
How to Make Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts
If you’re going to eat vegetables, they have to be easy to make. Good thing this recipe is super simple!
Start by trimming the Brussel sprouts and cutting them in half through the core. Grab a bowl and mix together the Brussel sprouts, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt and pepper. Grease a jelly roll or cookie sheet and lay out the Brussel sprouts in one layer (or place on a greased foil-lined sheet)
Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Take out every 5-10 minutes and stir them around so they can roast evenly. After they have cooked, turn the oven to broil and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to get them nice and crispy.
Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar brussel sprouts some shredded parmesan if you’d like – it adds even more great flavor!
Keep this info in mind when making this recipe…
- Baking directly on the pan will give a crispy texture than if you were to line the pan.
- Be sure that they’re all about the same size so they cook at the same rate.
- Put any loose leaves on the sheet. They’ll crisp up like a delicious chip.
- Parmesan can be substituted with bleu cheese or fetta
- Add heat with paprika, chilli flakes, or hot sauce
How to store leftovers? Store leftover sprouts in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat in a skillet on the stove or on a baking sheet in the oven. Heat until warm. You can also crisp them up under a broiler.
Can these be made in a pan? Yes, they can, but we think roasting them helps them become more crispy. To try our brussel sprouts with bacon that are made in a pan, GO HERE.
How to reheatbrussel sprouts? We recommend sticking them back in the oven to heat them up. To get them a little more crispy you may need to broil them for the last minute or two.
What to serve with balsamic brussel sprouts? Here are some of our go-to’s…
- Fried Pork Chops in Lemon Butter Sauce
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- Pot Roast
- Crispy Baked Ranch Chicken
For more Brussel Sprout Recipes, check out:
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Brussel Sprout Salad
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts
- Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts
- 1 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts trimmed & cut in half through core
- 10-12 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- shredded parmesan
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- garlic salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven 425*.
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any loose outer leaves. Slice each in half, lengthwise.
- Mix Brussels Sprouts, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, garlic salt & pepper in a bowl until well combined. Spread on to a greased baking sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Roast in the oven at 425 for 20-25 min until tender. Stirring occasionally. Broil for the last few minutes. Enjoy!