Hi guys! Shannon here from Fitness Food Diva!
If you can imagine for a moment how yummy cheesecake is, then kick it up a notch with this rich and creamy Banana Pudding Cheesecake. Cheesecake is such a tried and true favorite dessert and I have to say this Banana Pudding Cheesecake will not disappoint anyone. The mixture of the homemade vanilla pudding, graham cracker crust, and fresh cut bananas will put you at the top of the dessert hall of fame. One slice will be all you need since it is so rich and creamy, but it will be worth every bite.
If you are ever in need of a cheesecake that will be pleasing to the eyes and the stomach look no further. Each bite will keep you coming back for more. Although it is rich it is not overly sweet and with the addition of the cool whip on top if you are looking to please even the biggest sweet tooth, I promise this Banana Pudding Cheesecake with be just the dessert to make.
- 1⅔ cup Graham Crackers, Crushed (about 12 whole crackers)
- 6 tsp Sugar Splenda Blend
- ½ cup Butter, Melted
- ⅓ cup Sugar Splenda Blend
- ⅓ cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 2 cups 2% Milk
- 3 whole Egg Yolks, Whisked
- 1½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 16 ounces ⅓ less fat Cream Cheese or regular fat cream cheese, Room Temperature
- 4 whole Bananas, Sliced
- For Serving: Cool Whip and Additional Sliced Banana
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl add graham cracker crumbs and ¼ cup sugar, mix until well combined. Drizzle in melted butter and mix well.
- Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes or until light brown, cool completely. (This can be done the night before).
- To make Vanilla Pudding: In a large saucepan whisk together ⅔ cup granulated sugar with flour and salt until well combined. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil while stirring over medium heat. Cook until thickened.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups of thickened cooked milk mixture into the egg yolks. (This is not additional milk)
- Add egg yolks back to the pan and continue to stir while returning mixture to a subtle boil. Cook until thickened and the consistency of pudding.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add pudding mixture to cream cheese and mix until well combined, scraping sides of bowl well.
- Cover bottom of graham cracker crust with ⅓ banana pudding cheesecake mixture. Add sliced bananas and cover with remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Refrigerate cheesecake until cold or overnight.
- Serve with cool whip and additional sliced banana.
Don’t be afraid of this homemade decadence, it is very easy to make and I found it is best if you leave it in the refrigerator over night. The great make ahead dessert. So bring out your inner Martha Stewart and bring this delicious Banana Pudding Cheesecake to your table.
This looks absolutely divine! Especially that graham cracker crust!!
Thanks for sharing Shannon!
For more amazing recipes from her, head over to Food Fitness Diva.
And for even more delicious cheesecake recipes, check out these recipes from here on the site:
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
For all recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂