Shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, white cheddar and blue cheese layered on a loaf of French bread makes for quite the delicious recipe! This Buffalo Chicken French Bread has the perfect amount of kick, and is a great side or appetizer for any occasion!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Bread
I’m super exited to share with you another awesome buffalo-style recipe. The last buffalo chicken recipe we made was for Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread and it was awesome. It actually made us realize how much we love buffalo flavored recipes! With that in mind and trying the Spinach and Artichoke French Bread, we decided we wanted to try a Buffalo Chicken French Bread. This bread was a breeze to throw together and makes an excellent side to most dishes. It would also make a fantastic appetizer for any parties or get togethers you are thinking of.
As always, you can use more or less buffalo sauce, as you please. I tend to go on the heavier side because I love spicy, but my family likes it on the lighter side. A little tip if you don’t like as much spiciness: You can always tone down the buffalo sauce by adding a tablespoon of butter at a time until you reach the right amount of kick. Either way you make it, this Buffalo Chicken Bread is delicious and will be enjoyed by all.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken French Bread:
This recipe is so easy! It only requires 5 ingredients!! Not including the optional parsley for garnishing. Here they are:
- ½ long French baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ¼ – ½ cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
In a bowl, mix together the buffalo sauce and shredded chicken. Add more or less sauce depending on the level of spice you like. As I mentioned earlier, you can even use butter to tame the sauce. Top each half of the baguette with half of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle each half with cheddar cheese and blue cheese. Bake bread on a baking sheet at 400 for about 8 minutes, until cheese melts and is bubbly. Remove and top with parsley if you like. Serve warm, and enjoy!
For more buffalo chicken recipes, check out:
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Baked Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
Buffalo Chicken French Bread Recipe
- 1 French Baguette cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/4-12 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl mix together the wing sauce and shredded chicken. Add more or less sauce depending on the level of spice you like.
- Top each half of the baguette with half of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle each with cheddar cheese and blue cheese
- Bake bread on a baking sheet at 400 for about 8 minutes, until cheese melts and is bubbly. Remove and top with parsley.
Adapted from www.jocooks.com
If you like this recipe, try our Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread!