This Buffalo Chicken French Bread has the perfect amount of kick. It is great as a side or appetizer for any occasion!
Appetizer spreads are perfect for parties or special occasions, but also make a fun dinner. Buffalo Chicken French Bread and Caesar Salad Cups would be so great at your next party!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Bread
I’m super exited to share with you another awesome buffalo-style recipe. The last buffalo chicken recipe we made was for Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread and it was awesome.
It actually made us realize how much we love buffalo flavored recipes! With that in mind and trying the Spinach and Artichoke French Bread, we decided we wanted to try a Buffalo Chicken French Bread. This bread was a breeze to throw together and makes an excellent side to most dishes. It would also make a fantastic appetizer for any parties or get togethers you are thinking of.
As always, you can use more or less buffalo sauce, as you please. I tend to go on the heavier side because I love spicy, but my family likes it on the lighter side. A little tip if you don’t like as much spiciness: tone down the buffalo sauce by adding a tablespoon of butter at a time until you reach the right amount of kick. Either way you make it, this Buffalo Chicken Bread is delicious and will be enjoyed by all.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken French Bread
This recipe is so easy! It only requires 5 ingredients!! Not including the optional parsley for garnishing.
- ½ long French baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ¼ – ½ cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
MIX. In a bowl, mix together the buffalo sauce and shredded chicken. Add more or less sauce depending on the level of spice you like. As I mentioned earlier, you can even use butter to tame the sauce.
BAKE. Top each half of the baguette with half of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle each half with cheddar cheese and blue cheese. Bake bread on a baking sheet at 400 for about 8 minutes, until cheese melts and is bubbly.
GARISH + SERVE. Remove and top with parsley if you like. Serve warm, and enjoy!
Tips + Storing Info
- If you aren’t a fan of blue cheese you can easily either leave it off, or substitute either a crumbly aged cheddar or feta cheese instead.
- Rotisserie chicken would be a perfect choice for this recipe. It’s easiest to remove it from the bones when it is warm. You can always remove it right away and then store it in your refrigerator for later.
- Another great choice for chicken for this recipe is making our easy Shredded Chicken ahead of time so it’s ready to go.
- Substitute or add to the white cheddar cheese with other cheeses such as mozzarella, cheddar, or monterey jack.
- Use store bought or our easy homemade French Bread Recipe to make this yummy dish.
- If needed this recipe would also be delicious on a gluten free baguette.
STORE leftovers covered with plastic wrap in your fridge for a few days.
For more buffalo chicken recipes, check out:
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Baked Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
Buffalo Chicken French Bread Recipe
- 1 French Baguette cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/4-12 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl mix together the wing sauce and shredded chicken. Add more or less sauce depending on the level of spice you like.
- Top each half of the baguette with half of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle each with cheddar cheese and blue cheese
- Bake bread on a baking sheet at 400 for about 8 minutes, until cheese melts and is bubbly. Remove and top with parsley.
Adapted from www.jocooks.com
I love buffalo chicken….ANYTHING!
It’s so yummy!!! You’ll love this then! Let me know what you think! Thanks so much!
Turned out great! I toasted my bread with butter and garlic before placing the Buffalo chicken on. Maybe add some mozzarella to the cheddar.
Mmm..great idea! Thank you for sharing that!!
Two of my favorites separately, but so much better enjoyed together!! We’ve made it a few times now & every time, it’s gone within minutes!
Wow! I can’t believe this is the first time I had thought about this, it was so easy and delicious! Thank you
I love the words easy & delicious as well! I’m so glad you liked it!
We can not get enough of anything that has a good buffalo sauce on it! This was so tasty!
I love anything with buffalo sauce as well. So glad you liked it! Thanks for sharing! 🙂
This bread is the perfect side to go with a good pasta. Delicious!
Thanks for trying it! I feel the same – I love it as a side to pasta too!
I love how easy you can prepare this buffalo chicken French bread! Its looks appetizing!
So glad you liked how easy it was! Thanks for sharing!
I love everything about this!! The crumbled bleu cheese on top is the perfect addition to buffalo chicken.
I left off the blue cheese cause I’m not a fan. If you are a fan of blue cheese add it as the rest of the flavors were super yummy.
Another great way to put dinner on the table in no time.