Mini Cheese Ball Bites taste just like a loaded cheese ball, but mini! They are perfect grab and go appetizers.
These mini Cheese Ball Bites are a perfect alternative to a traditional Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball. Sweet Potato Skins and Jalapeno Poppers are other appetizers perfect for pairing with these tasty bites.
Loaded cheese ball bites
I love a good cheese ball. Well, anything cheese related really! The only downfall of a cheeseball is waiting in line to get a scoop and put it on your crackers!
Well wait no more, these bacon Cheese Ball Bites are completely portable. They are a perfect grab and go appetizer for any occasion!!
You might want to double the recipe because these are crazy addicting. Trust me, you’ll be glad you have a few extra. They store really well too!! Time to start planning a party. 😉
prepped in minutes
PREP. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
COMBINE. In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic salt, paprika and pepper.
SCOOP + CHILL. Use a cookie scoop to form 14 mini balls from the cream cheese mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
COAT. In a shallow dish: mix together chopped bacon, pecans and chives. Roll cream cheese balls into this mixture.
SERVE. Insert a pretzel stick into the top of each ball. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Ingredient Tips + variations
Cheddar Cheese. Substitute any type of shredded cheese. For best results, avoid the prepackaged shredded cheese. It has been tossed in a substance that helps keep the pieces from sticking to each other.
Bacon. I love this Bacon in the Oven recipe to cook my bacon.
Crackers. Instead of a pretzel stick, add each mini cheese ball onto a cracker. Another idea is to serve each mini Cheese Ball Bites on top of toasted baguettes.
Cheese log. Form it into a large cheese log, and spoon sections off onto pita chips or bagel crisps.
Flavor variations. Easily adjust the flavor by mixing in different ingredients:
- Use different nuts: chopped almonds, walnuts, pistachios.
- Roll in chopped dried fruit: apricots, cherries, cranberries.
- Roll in chopped green onions.
- Spice it up by adding some garlic powder, hot sauce, diced bell peppers, or chopped jalapenos into the cheese mixture.
Make ahead of time. Prepare these up to 8 hours before you plan to serve them. Simply follow the recipe, and cover the cheese balls with plastic wrap. Before serving, remove from the fridge and add pretzel sticks.
STORE. Remove the pretzel sticks before storing. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 4 days.
For more mini Bites:
- Mini Pizzas
- Caesar Salad Cups
- Spinach Dip Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Loaded Pulled Pork Cups
- Hot Dog Nuggets
- Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- 1 1/2 8 ounce blocks cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (do not use pre-shredded cheese)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- black pepper freshly ground
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 18 pretzel sticks
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic salt, paprika and pepper.
- Use a cookie scoop to form 14 mini balls from the cream cheese mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a shallow dish mix together chopped bacon, pecans and chives.
- Roll cream cheese balls into this mixture, then insert a pretzel stick into the top of each ball.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.