Did you guys know that I’m due to have baby #5 three weeks before Kristyn has #6?? We are so excited to have cousins so close together, and I’m excited that I’ll be having this baby in next week or two!! As we prepare for the celebration of baby, we’ve been trying out new desserts and found a new favorite in today’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars!
We’ve always loved the delicious combo of chocolate and peanut butter and this dessert married the two just perfectly. With a chocolate chunk cookie crust and a peanut butter creamy filling all topped with more chocolate and peanuts – you really can’t go wrong!!
This dessert is perfect to enjoy in the summer with some homemade ice cream or perfect any time of year. It will especially be a hit with all the chocolate + peanut butter lovers out there so if you’re looking to score points with one of them, this is the dessert to make. 😉
Chocolate Chunk Cookie Crust – yes, please!
Do me a favor, and give your tastebuds a delight, by making these awesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. They definitely didn’t last long at our house and probably won’t last long at yours either. 😉
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars:
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 TB water
- 1 egg
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 bag (9 oz) Reese's™ peanut butter cups miniatures, chopped
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 TB sugar
- 3 oz bittersweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Stir all cookie base ingredients in a large bowl until soft dough forms. Spread dough on the bottom of an ungreased 13x9" pan. Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and ¼ cup sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Fold in your whipped topping and candies. Spread over cooled cookie base.
- In small microwavable bowl, whisk together peanut butter, milk and 2 TB sugar until smooth. Microwave uncovered for 30-60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds. Drizzle mixture over filling. Drizzle melted chocolate over top. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Serve
Adapted from Betty Crocker.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 24 bars
- ANY CHANGES MADE: Tara
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
For another delicious chocolate and peanut butter dessert, check out:
And for more PB treats, check out: