You guys know that we are always up for trying out new bread recipes, especially if they don’t involve yeast (yes, it still makes me a bit nervous). When we saw a recipe for Cinnamon Bread (aka Cinnamon Roll Bread), we knew we had to give it a go. We’ve made Cinnamon Bread for years, but it’s one of those recipes that no one other than my mom has really been able to master. When it comes to making it really soft, filled with cinnamon and sugar, she has it down to an art.
Fortunately, this Cinnamon Roll Bread is a bit easier and has much of the same flavor as the cinnamon bread but with some of the cinnamon roll factors (like glaze) that everyone loves.
When you have a delicious, quick bread recipe that has a delicious brown sugar filling and topping and then it’s drizzled with a delicious glaze, you really got to give it a try. We changed up a few things by giving it even more cinnamon flavor, but we think you’ll love this bread recipe like we did.
Cinnamon Bread recipe:
Cinnamon Roll Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 - 3 tsp milk
Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder salt and sugar in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Whisk together egg, milk, vanilla and sour cream in a large bowl. Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir with a spoon just until combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Make swirl ingredients by mixing together sugar, cinnamon and butter in a small bowl. Pour over bread mixture and use a knife to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (or until done).
- Let cool for a few minutes on wire rack.
- While cooling, make glaze by combining powdered sugar and milk. One bread is mostly cooled, drizzle glaze over bread and ENJOY!
Adapted from Facebook.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 1 loaf
- ANY CHANGES MADE: added more sugar and cinnamon
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
For another great quick bread recipe, check out:
And for even more recipes, check out: