A simple, convenient, and TASTY stew recipe made in the crock pot! Made with chicken, potatoes, carrots, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, ranch dressing mix and more, this creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew recipe is BURSTING with flavor!!
Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
Hey guys! When temperatures get in the 80’s we’re in full fledged winter gear here in AZ. My kids think they need to wear their jackets when it barely cools down and I often find them bundled in blankets when it’s 70 degrees. Fortunately, I think those temps are right around the corner and it couldn’t make me more excited because that means it’s Soup Season and time for the holidays (two things that make me very happy).
I know we’ve shared several soup recipes over the last few weeks, but we had too many good ones not to share. Today’s recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Stew is another winner recipe. Everyone loved it, but the adults especially enjoyed this hearty and delicious recipe. It is super creamy and bursting with flavor! Best part is, it’s all made in a crock pot. Simple, convenient and TASTY – can’t beat that! If you’re looking for an easy and delicious soup recipe, we highly recommend this one. It’s great for dinner or you upcoming Soup Potluck!
How to make Chicken Stew:
This recipe is so simple, because all you have to do is throw the ingredients in and let the crock pot do all the work! Here is the step-by-step break down:
- Turn your crockpot on and place the butter inside, letting it melt. Stir in all of the vegetables, coating them with butter.
- Season the (cooked and diced) chicken as desired and add it to the crockpot.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the soup, milk, sour cream, chicken broth, and ranch dressing mix. Pour this mixture on top of the chicken in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 4-6.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
Nothing better than a bowl of warm soup during the fall or winter!! And with a recipe as easy as this one, you’ll be sure to make it over and over again. 😉
For more crock pot soups, check out:
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Crock Pot Green Chili Enchilada Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Stew Recipe VIDEO:
Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe
A simple, convenient, and TASTY stew recipe made in the crock pot! Made with chicken, potatoes, carrots, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, ranch dressing mix and more, this Slow Cooker Chicken Stew recipe is BURSTING with flavor!!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cooked, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 TB butter
- 4 small red potatoes quartered
- 1 c baby carrots halved
- 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 oz packet dry ranch dressing mix or 3 TB
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Parsley flakes
Add butter to the bottom of a crock pot. Let melt. Stir in all of the vegetables coating with the butter. Season diced chicken as desired and add to the crock pot.
In a separate bowl, mix together the soup, milk, sour cream, chicken broth, and ranch dressing mix. Pour on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-6.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
Adapted from thecozycook.com