This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you like monkey bread, you’ll LOVE these Monkey Bread Muffins! They’re a cinch to put together and are ready to eat in under 20 minutes.
Monkey Bread Muffins are a great snack or weekend morning treat, and always disappear in MINUTES! Pair these sweet bites with Breakfast Pizza, Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie, or Healthy Egg Muffins for a complete breakfast.
Mini Monkey Bread
Monkey Bread is made from balls of dough rolled in cinnamon and sugar. They are arranged in a bundt pan and baked. Each piece of dough is easy to pluck right off.
These muffins are mini versions of a larger Monkey Bread. If you’ve ever had Monkey Bread (or sticky buns), you know how YUMMY they are!
Monkey Bread Muffins are a simpler, easier, FASTER version – in cute individual-sized portions!
They really are delightful and a cinch to put together! Whether you eat them for breakfast, use them as a side dish, or make them for dessert, the cinnamon-sugary goodness will surely knock your socks off!
Only 5 ingredients!!
This is a super simple, easy recipe. It’s perfect for a quick morning breakfast or afterschool snack. The biscuits themselves only require FIVE ingredients:
- canned biscuits
- brown sugar
- corn syrup
monkey bread in muffin tins
PREP. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin and set it aside. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, melt butter, then stir in the corn syrup.
BISCUITS. Remove biscuits from the packaging and cut each into 6 pieces. Drop the pieces into the butter mix then dip them in the cinnamon sugar, covering each completely.
BAKE. Place four pieces into each cup of a heavily greased muffin tin. Bake for 12 minutes, then turn off the oven and let sit for another few minutes. This gives them a little crunch without overcooking them.
Remove from the oven and let cool before trying to remove them from the muffin tray.
GLAZE. Combine all icing ingredients and drizzle all over each muffin. Enjoy!
They taste best warm, with a cold glass of milk, but we’re quite certain they’ll be enjoyed any way you have them.
Easy clean-up. To save some time and make cleaning up easier you can use a cupcake liner in your tin instead of greasing each muffin cup. Silicone muffin liners work well and they’re reusable.
Cutting biscuits. A pizza cutter works like a charm when cutting biscuit dough for recipes like this.
- For homemade dough, check out our Monkey Bread recipe
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top of each muffin before baking
- Add in raisins
- Drizzle with caramel sauce
- Mix some Pumpkin Pie Spice with the cinnamon
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips before baking
STORE leftover mini monkey bread muffins on a plate covered with plastic wrap or placed in a Ziploc bag and left out on the counter for 24 hours. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
FREEZE any leftovers in a Ziploc freezer bag or tightly closed container for up to 6 months. I usually wrap each muffin in a fold-top sandwich bag before storing them together.
They would be best warmed up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds before serving.
For more muffin recipes:
- Glazed Donut Muffins
- Lemon Crumb Muffins
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- Banana Crumb Muffins
- French Toast Muffins
- Mini Donut Muffins
Monkey Bread Muffins Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter, then stir in the corn syrup.
- Remove biscuits from packaging and cut each into 6 pieces. Drop the pieces into the butter mix then dip them in the cinnamon sugar, covering each completely.
- Place four pieces into each cup of a heavily greased muffin tin. Bake for 12 minutes, then turn off oven and let sit for another few minutes. This gives them a little crunch without overcooking them.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before trying to remove them from the muffin tray.
- Combine all icing ingredients and drizzle all over each muffin. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Adapted from Organizer by Day