Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Who doesn’t love cake?!
I may have mentioned this before, but each week we try to invite someone over for dinner. Sometimes it’s friends from church, neighbors, missionaries… you name it. We do this to help us get to know other better and make friends too. Sometimes we have pizza night and sometimes I make a homemade meal, but something I always make is DESSERT!! Usually it’s a bar or cake recipe, which means I’m always looking for new ones to try out. Today’s recipe just happens to be a new cake that is delicious and simple – Fudgy Buttermilk Cake.
First off, I love cake, but cake with buttermilk is my favorite! It just enhances the yummy flavor making it even more addicting and delicious. Second, anything with the word “fudgy” is bound to be good! And trust me – this recipe is GOOD! We usually serve our cake with ice cream, but I had this by itself, and it was so soft and chocolate-y. I have a few chocolate cakes I make all the time, but I’m glad I now have a new recipe to try when company comes over.
For all the chocolate lovers, I know you’ll enjoy this Fudgy Buttermilk Cake recipe:
Fudgy Buttermilk Cake Recipe
- In a small saucepan, cook butter, water and cocoa over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- With an electric mixer, beat buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla until smooth. Add butter mixture and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add to buttermilk mixture, beating until blended.
- Pour into a greased 15x10" jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until cake is set.
- Meanwhile, In a saucepan, cook butter, cocoa and buttermilk over medium heat, stirring constantly until butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and pecans.
- Spread Frosting over warm cake. Cut into squares, while warm.
Recipe from Southern Living Christmas Book.
Sometimes you can’t beat a warm, soft and amazingly delicious chocolate cake!
For more great chocolate cake recipes on the site be sure to check out these favorites:
And for a white chocolate version…
Love me some cake!
For all dessert recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂