Ooey Gooey Chocolate Rolo Cookies are soft and indulgent, filled with a caramel Rolo center! They are quick, easy, & Chocolatey!
Gooey + CHOCOLATE-Y
One of our favorite family cookies is our Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies. They are so delish and easy to make!
I decided I wanted to do a chocolate version and to mix things up I decided to add a Rolo to the middle because who doesn’t love ROLOS?! The added cream cheese adds a new level of ooey gooey goodness and creaminess.
The end result was amazing!! I made them for a family function a few months back and they were a hit. I call them: Gooey Chocolate Rolo Cookies!!
Rolo cookies with cake mix
PREP. Preheat oven to 350.
BATTER. Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in cake mix. Chill for 30 minutes.
ROLOS. Grab a Rolo and insert into rolled cookie dough making sure it is covered. Place in a bowl of powdered sugar and placed on greased cookie sheet.
BAKE. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Add sifted powdered sugar on top if desired.
The best technique for inserting the Rolo into the dough is to make sure that its right in the middle of the cookie is to 1st roll the dough into a ball and smash it flat with your hand. Place the Rolo in the middle and the bring the remaining dough together around the Rolo.
Tips & Variations
- Caramel: If Rolos aren’t your favorite you can get a pack of caramels from the candy aisle and use those instead. Just make sure that whatever size caramel you use that your cookie dough ball completely covers it.
- Chill: When you chill cookie dough it solidifies the fat so that the cookies don’t spread out as much in the oven and the fatty goodness stays right where it should instead of cooking right out of the cookie.
- Gooey: It is a gooey cookie because the added cream cheese adds a new level of ooey gooey goodness and creaminess.
STORE ooey gooey chocolate rolo cookies at room temp, tightly covered for 3-5 days. After this time period the cookies will most likely become hard.
FREEZE in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks, thaw before enjoying!
For some Candy Bar Treats check out:
- Candy Bar Brownies
- Candy Bar Cookies
- Oreo Snickers Pie
- Candy Bar Trifle
- Reese’s Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Gooey Rolo Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in cake mix.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Scoop dough with cookie scoop into a bowl of powdered sugar. Roll around and then flatten dough, place a Rolo in the middle and fold the dough around the Rolo.
- Place cookie dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Dust powdered sugar over baked cookies, if desired. Let cool.