Meatball soup is a dinner that your entire family will love and devour. The flavors of the pasta and the meatballs combine perfectly to make one delicious and hearty soup.
Favorite Italian Meatball Soup
I love a good meatball. Meatballs can be used in so many dishes and I really like them in this italian flavored soup. The pasta, veggies, and meatballs make this a feel-good soup that everyone is really going to enjoy. It’s a casual dinner idea that is simple to pull together and won’t take all night to make. This recipe is semi-homemade because you use pre-made meatballs. Of course you can make your own meatballs from scratch but sometimes it’s easier to use frozen ones if you’re short on time (and sanity!) that day. Am I right??
This meatball soup is so satisfying! It feeds about 6 people but you can always double to recipe to make more and save for leftovers. Soup leftovers for lunch the next day are kind of the best. I love when the flavors get to sit and marinate for a little bit. It’s almost like soups get better with time.
How to Make Easy Meatball Soup:
You’re going to laugh at how EASY this meatball soup is to whip up. In literally less than 3o minutes you can have this soup ready to eat. Also you only need ONE pot (the pasta is cooked in the soup which is such a timesaver).
Making this recipe is really just one step…
- Combine the tomatoes, broth, veggies, uncooked pasta, and oregano in a large pot. Add in the meatballs and bring it all to a boil. Reduce the heat and bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
When the pasta is cooked and tender, the soup is ready!
We must also note that we used a can of mixed veggies, but next time we will probably add some fresh veggies. We also think spinach cooked in the soup would be great along with some shredded cheese on top (you can never go wrong with cheese!)
Go buy some frozen meatballs and make this soup tonight!!
For more hearty soup recipes, check out:
- Tortellini Sausage Soup
- Beef Tomato Macaroni Soup
- Lasagna Soup
- Chicken and Dumplings Soup
- Cheeseburger Soup
- Zuppa Toscana
- 2 (14 oz) cans Italian Style stewed tomatoes
- 2 (14 oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 oz) can mixed veggies
- 1/2 cup pasta uncooked
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 (15-18 oz) pkg Italian sausage meatballs frozen and thawed
- In a large pot, combine tomatoes, broth, veggies, pasta and oregano. Add in meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and tender.
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 6
- ANY CHANGES MADE: none
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: instead of mixed veggies, next time will just add 1 can of corn + 1 sliced carrot.