If you’re looking for the best pumpkin bread recipe around – then try this Pumpkin Banana Bread. It’s super moist, filled with pumpkin spice and bananas and is a delicious, easy fall recipe.
Banana Pumpkin Bread
Today we’re making this delicious pumpkin banana bread that combines the best of both worlds. It’s the most flavorful banana bread you’ll ever try, and it’s also the moistest & most tender pumpkin bread recipe around. The banana isn’t too potent in this recipe, but it makes this bread very moist and helps enhance the delicious pumpkin spice flavor that’s perfect for fall.
I don’t know about you, but when fall rolls around I start to crave everything pumpkin. It’s also the best time to start baking because temperatures have cooled down and after a summer with little time in the kitchen – I’m always excited to turn my oven back on. So this fall I kicked off the pumpkin baking with this pumpkin banana bread.
Tips on Making Pumpkin Banana Bread
I absolutely love making quick bread recipes like this one because they’re so easy and come together in no time. Not to mention all of the delicious pumpkin goodness.
The pumpkin bread is super moist because we’re using oil, 2 eggs, mashed bananas & pumpkin puree. Together, all these ingredients make the bread soft, tender & moist for the perfect texture that’s never greasy or dry.
Then the bread is super flavorful because of the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spices & vanilla extract. You can use pumpkin pie spice if you have it on hand – or check out the notes section of the recipe for a substitute. I also added a ½ cup chopped walnuts for a little texture. Feel free to skip them if nuts aren’t really your thing. Or substitute them for chocolate chips for an extra decadent pumpkin loaf.
The one thing with quick bread recipes like this one is that they need to bake for a long time. To prevent the sides of the loaf from getting too brown, I recommend using a light colored loaf pan. If you notice that the top of the bread is getting too brown but the middle isn’t baked through yet, you can tent a piece of aluminum foil and place it over top of the loaf while it’s still baking.
How to Store Banana Pumpkin Bread
The best way to keep bread at its best is to keep it at ROOM TEMP for a day or two, then wrap it up and freeze it! When you’re ready to have some more, let it thaw and heat it up. Top it off with some butter or cinnamon butter and you’re set!!
I absolutely love this pumpkin banana bread because it has the best moist, tender crumb and a delicious pumpkin spice flavor.
For more pumpkin recipes, try these other favorites:
- Cranberry Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Perfect Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Muffin Top
- Pumpkin Bubble Bread
Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas , mashed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.**
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, sugars, eggs & vanilla extract until no lumps remain.
- Stir in the mashed bananas & pumpkin puree.
- Carefully stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Then stir in the chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the top feels firm to the touch. The loaf shouldn't wobble if you nudge the pan.