After having these Twice Baked Potatoes, you’ll never want regular baked potatoes again! These super easy Twice Baked Potatoes are loaded with sour cream, cheese, bacon, and seasonings! For being such a delicious side, they are SO easy!
Super Easy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
I had never even heard of Twice Baked Potatoes until I was married. That may be odd for some since they’ve had them and made them for a very long time, but it’s a new side dish that we absolutely love. I was surprised I hadn’t had these as a child because we always had potatoes as side dishes, but we typically had mashed or regular baked potatoes. Now that we have been shown how to make the BEST Twice Baked Potatoes, I have a feeling we will never want to have regular baked potatoes again. Since they are filled with sour cream, bacon and cheese, it’s hard not to love this recipe.
For those of you who are in the same boat I was, and haven’t heard of twice baked potatoes, let me explain to you how amazing they are. Essentially, they are baked in the oven like a normal potato, cooled, the insides are spooned out, mixed with cheese, sour cream, bacon, and all kinds of other delicious stuff, put back in the skins, and baked a second time. Sounds amazing, right?? They do take a little time, but I promise they are well worth it. When I discovered twice baked potatoes, I was excited to try them out and was even more excited when I learned how easy they were to make!
How to make Twice Baked Potatoes:
Like I said before, Twice Baked Potatoes do require more time than regular baked potatoes, but the same amount of effort. The most time consuming part is baking them in the oven!
- Star by piercing the potatoes with a fork several times, and baking them for an hour at 400°. Once they come out of the oven, let them cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut potatoes in half and spoon out most of the potato insides, and place them in a bowl. Brush the oil mixture over the tops and bottoms of each potato skin.
- Mix about 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, bacon pieces, and salt and pepper with the insides of the potatoes. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture back into potato skins. Sprinkle potatoes with cheddar cheese and bake for 16-18 more minutes.
We always run out of these potatoes at functions since most people end up grabbing two. Just note that it should make fewer than double the amount of the potatoes you cook. So if you made 10 potatoes, it will probably make about 18 (20-2). And you can add any other ingredients (like chives, etc.) depending on what you like. 🙂
For more potato recipes:
- Easy Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Asparagus & Tater Toss
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- Bacon Wrapped Potatoes
- Cheesy Potato Soup
Twice Baked Potato Recipe
After having these Twice Baked Potatoes, you'll never want regular baked potatoes again! These super easy Twice Baked Potatoes are loaded with sour cream, cheese, bacon, and seasonings! For being such a delicious side, they are SO easy!
- 6-8 potatoes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp grate parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4-6 slices cooked bacon (chopped/cut up)
- salt and pepper to tast
Begin by piercing your potatoes with a fork in several places. Bake potatoes for an hour at 400 degrees.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes.
In a small bowl combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut potatoes in half and spoon out most of the inside of the potatoes and place in a bowl.
- Brush the oil and Parmesan mixture over the tops and bottoms of each potato skin.
- Mix in 1 cup or so of cheese, sour cream (you can use more or less to your liking), cut up bacon and salt & pepper with the insides of the potatoes. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture back into potato skins. You usually can fill fewer potatoes than you had if you have them filled a little higher than the skins sides (Throw away excess skins). Sprinkle potatoes with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 16-18 more minutes.
And for the casserole version of this recipe, check out: Twice Baked Potato Casserole