We have always loved rice in our family, but just recently I realized that I’ve never had a soup recipe with wild rice in it. I had seen a recipe for Wild Rice Soup and thought it sounded heavenly and was excited to try it out, especially since I’ve never had a similar recipe. Looking at the ingredients, I knew it would be great, and I’m glad we tried it because it was delicious!
This particular recipe has chicken broth, long grain and wild rice, chicken, carrots, almonds and half and half. How can you go wrong with a soup recipe that has all of those yummy ingredients? What we loved most about it (other than the flavor) was it’s simplicity. You pretty much throw things in the pot and let them cook and you’re done. Like I said – simple!!
If you’ve been looking to try a wild rice soup, I suggest this one. You can add or omit any ingredients you’d like (add or minus celery, mushrooms, etc). We loved it as is and are excited to add it to the menu for this fall.
Chicken Wild Rice Soup:
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 – 6 oz. box Uncle Ben’s Original Recipe Long Grain & Wild Rice (cooked)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- 3 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half and half
- Melt butter in a pot, add and flour.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked rice and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through. ENJOY!