I’m sharing more Chinese food recipes for you!!!
One of my favorite dishes is Honey Sesame Chicken. It has been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember! I’d have to say that it along with Teriyaki Chicken are my all-time favorites. Do you love them too?
Well, today’s recipe is one my mom adapted from HERE. The entire family LOVED this recipe and have already requested it again. I don’t blame them because it just looks so darn delicious. We usually serve these kinds of dishes up with fresh rice, Egg Rolls, and maybe some Cream Cheese Wontons (recipe to come next week)…
Are you drooling yet?
I know I am!
If you’re trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight you may want to try this Honey Sesame Chicken recipe. You will love it!
- 4 chicken breast, cubed
- 2 TB lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 TB rice vinegar
- 1 TB sesame seed oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3 TB cornstarch
- 6 TB flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- vegetable oil for cooking
- 2 TB honey
- 2 TB oyster sauce
- 2 TB sweet chili sauce
- 4 TB ketchup
- 4 TB lower sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- sesame seeds, toasted
- Cut your chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Put chicken, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sugar in a bag and marinate for 1-2 hours then drain chicken.
- Add vegetable oil to a shallow pan on medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper in a large ziploc bag.
- In 3 batches, add chicken to flour mixture, shake gently to coat, and then toss in your frying pan until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- FOR SAUCE: Mix honey, oyster sauce, chili sauce, ketchup, soy sauce and water in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour sauce over chicken pieces and toss.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Oh, how I wish I was having this for dinner tonight!!
I crave Chinese food ALL.THE.TIME!!!
For more great Asian recipes be sure to check out:
For all Chinese recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!