Artichoke Dip is irresistibly creamy and every bite is loaded with artichokes. This hot, cheesy dip will be a hit at your next party!
This warm Artichoke Dip is excellent served with vegetables and crackers, or as a topping for Baked Potatoes or Roast Chicken. For more must-make dips try Tamale Pie Dip, Avocado Lime Ranch Dip, and Apple Brickle Dip.
The Easiest, Cheesiest Party Dip!
Easy Artichoke Dip is sort of the dip to end all dips, and I come back to this recipe over and over again. It is always a huge hit at our house.
We love the gooey warm cheese filled with savory bits of artichoke. It is perfectly dippable. We also love Spinach Artichoke Dip which is similar – but with spinach.
Create your own go-to party dip at home! It is so easy to make and is a perfect appetizer for last-minute guests or large gatherings.
Just add your favorite chip or cracker and you are good to go.
Add a bit of flair to this classic Baked Artichoke Dip by throwing in a few sun-dried tomatoes or topping it with crisp bacon bits.
However you serve this classic snack, the bowl is sure to be wiped clean!
How to Make Artichoke Dip
This Artichoke Dip Recipe is SO easy and SO delicious! It literally takes just minutes to prep.
PREP. Preheat the oven to 375°F
MIX. In a medium mixing bowl, add the cheeses and chopped artichoke hearts. In a separate bowl, stir together the sour cream, cream cheese, mayo, and garlic.
Once combined pour it over the mixture of cheese and artichokes. Stir until combined.
Add the optional sun-dried tomatoes to the bowl and fold them into the mixture.
BAKE. Spread the mixture into an 8×8-inch baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes then serve.
Here are a few of our favorite things to dip in Hot Artichoke Dip:
- Toasted Baguette slices (crostini), or chunks of Sourdough or other crusty bread
- Tortilla Chips, crackers, pita chips, or pretzels
- veggies: carrots, celery, sliced bell peppers, or cauliflower florets
Using Fresh Artichokes
A 14-ounce jar of artichokes contains about 5-6 medium artichoke hearts. This is one recipe where I always use bottled artichokes, but an equal amount of frozen artichoke hearts or cooked-up fresh artichokes may also be used.
Frozen: thaw and allow the excess moisture to drain.
Fresh: to cook up fresh hearts gather 5-6 medium artichokes and a large steamer pot. It will take about 45 minutes.
- Trim the stem of the artichoke so that it is only about 1-1½ inches in length.
- Place a steamer basket into a pot and fill it with water until it reaches just under the bottom of the basket.
- Place the artichokes in the basket and cover the pot with a lid. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce it to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes or until the outer leaves of the artichokes can be easily pulled off, the artichokes are done.
- Keep an eye on the water level and add hot water if it gets too low.
- Allow the artichokes to cool a bit and peel to remove the center, the heart of the artichokes. Chop the hearts before using them in the recipe.
How to Store
Make ahead of time. Make Parmesan Artichoke Dip the day before, just don’t bake it. Cover and store it in the fridge. When ready to bake, allow it to come to room temperature before sticking it in the oven. Bake according to the recipe directions.
STORE leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
FREEZE. Leftovers can be frozen for later, just keep in mind that while it will taste just as delicious, the texture will be altered a bit. Let the dip thaw in the fridge overnight.
Reheat small portions in the microwave. Larger portions can be reheated in the oven (covered at 350°F) or in the slow cooker.
For more Sweet and Savory Dips, try:
Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 14 oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cheeses and chopped artichoke hearts.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the sour cream, cream cheese, mayo, and garlic. Once combined pour it over the mixture of cheese and artichokes.
- Stir until combined. Add the optional sun-dried tomatoes to the bowl and fold them into the mixture.
- Spread the mixture into an 8×8-inch baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes then serve.
This is a classic and a go to for appetizers.
We made this for New Year’s & I ate way more than I should have!! So easy, good, & cheesy!
I made this recipe a couple times over the holidays then proceeded to park myself next to the bowl leaving very little fir the rest of my family. It is sooooo good!
Thanks for sharing nice post
I’m so happy you liked it! 🙂
I was the hit if the BBQ yesterday! This stuff is magic! It is always a no fail huge success and sooooo yummy! Thank you!
Oh I’m SO happy to hear that! You’re welcome. I’m glad the dip was a hit!!
I love this dip.