We entertain A LOT!
I feel like we didn’t entertain as often when we lived in Arizona, and I think that’s partially because we were always so busy with family. Living in Texas, we don’t have family to keep us busy, but we have made many friends and have a church and work family that we love. My husband is a college teacher and we’ve gotten quite attached to his students. We try to have them over once a month and our last get together was in February for a fun BBQ potluck. I decided to whip up a few salads to go with the hot dogs and hamburgers, and one of the recipes I tries was this BLT Potato Salad. I’ve always loved the bacon, lettuce and tomato combo and knew throwing in potatoes would be AMAZING! Fortunately, I was right and this salad was delicious! The dressing for this is made from mayonnaise and white vinegar which I enjoyed, but if that’s too strong I suggest using a creamy Ranch dressing. I think that would be a great substitute for the potato salad.
If you want to make this even more hearty, I think chunks of chicken would be great too! So many ways to change this up, but it’s great as is too. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 lb. red potatoes, cubed
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 TB ranch seasoning mix
- 1 TB distilled white vinegar
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place potatoes in medium pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes.
- Mix mayo, ranch mix and vinegar in a bowl until well combined.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat (or right before serving). Serve immediately.
I’m definitely going to try a homemade ranch dressing next time to change it up, but I’m excited to add this to our barbecue recipe rotation.
For more great salads perfect for you upcoming get together, check out:
For all salad recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!