Hi recipe lovers!
I hope you’re enjoying your week so far. March is flying by and pretty soon we’ll be baking in the good ol’ Arizona heat. Until then, we like to do a little bit of our own baking… in the oven 😉 Too cheesy? Ok, well, how about I just get to this recipe for Cheesy Garlic Rolls? I know you’ve heard me say before that yeast can be tricky. And it can be. But it doesn’t have to be! No need to be too afraid to try new recipes, because you’ve never worked with yeast before. Start small and keep practicing. This is a great recipe for starters. With simple, clear steps, and little ingredients, it’s sure to be a winner and its a great side to all the wonderful pasta recipes we have on the site like Pesto Chicken Florentine and the Lemon and Asparagus Pasta. 😉 Be sure to read over the instructions before you start, giving the dough plenty of time to rise. I think you’ll do just fine!
Here’s the recipe:
Cheesy Garlic Rolls Recipe
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan romano cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley freshly chopped
- more cheese for sprinkling on top
In a medium bowl, combine yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let sit until bubbly.
- Mix in salt, olive oil and egg into yeast mixture.
- Slowly add in flour until a loose dough is formed.
- Cover dough with a towel and allow to rise.
- When dough has doubled in size (approx 1 hour), turn onto a floured surface and roll out into a 12 x 14 rectangle.
- Brush the surface with 1½ TB melted butter and add garlic, cheese, parsley and seasoning.
- With seam side down, roll up into a log. Using a sharp knife cut into 1" pieces and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Allow to rise on the cookie sheet for an additional 15 minutes.
- Brush rolls with remaining melted butter and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Rolls should be golden brown.
Adapted from yourhomebasedmom.com
I love how the fresh parsley gave these rolls such a yummy taste. Carbs are impossible to avoid. So, they might as well be delicious carbs. 😉 Am I right?!
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 16 rolls
ANY CHANGES MADE: We rolled our dough to a bigger rectangle and got more rolls out of it. It also took us much less time to bake. All ovens are different, so always keep an eye on the oven when its your first time with a recipe.
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: None – they were perfect! Thank you, Your Homebased Mom!!
For more delicious bread recipes, check out these posts:
For all bread recipes, go HERE.
For all recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!