Easy Crock Pot Tortellini and Spinach Soup is a hearty soup filled with cheese tortellini, spinach, tomatoes, and lots of spices!!
Crock pot spinach tortellini soup is a dump and wait kind of dinner, which is the perfect delicious dinner for a busy night! For more great soups with tortellini, check out our Sausage Tortellini Soup and Tomato Tortellini Soup.
Spinach + Tortellini = Win!
It’s still Soup Weather, and I’m loving it!!
Recently though, we tried a tortellini soup that has become a new favorite!
Best part is that you literally dump everything in the slow cooker and you’re set!! I don’t often have tons of time and like the recipes that can be dumped into the slow cooker and taste AMAZING 4 hours later.
This recipe has to be one of the most flavorful and simple soup recipes I’ve ever tried. It is hearty and filled with cheesy tortellini, spinach, tomatoes and a wonderful blend of spices making it oh-so-delicious.
How to Make Spinach Tortellini Soup
This recipe is as easy as they come!!
COMBINE + COOK. Place all ingredients, minus the tortellini, in the slow cooker. Make sure cream cheese is cut up in 1 inch cubes before placing in crock pot. Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally.
TORTELLINI. Add tortellini and continue cooking on HIGH for an additional hour! That’s it!! In fact, some times we just add the tortellini when we add all the ingredients at the beginning (especially if it’s frozen) which makes it even easier.
Note: If your tortellini is frozen you may need to throw it in the slow cooker sooner.
Tips + Storing Info
We used three cheese tortellini for this recipe, but you could also use cheese & spinach tortellini or cheese & mushroom tortellini. Each will give a slightly different flavor to the soup. You can also use tri colored tortellini for a visual variation.
Add protein such as chicken, sausage or ground beef (already cooked).
For stove top directions:
- Add tomatoes, broth, spinach, and seasonings to a cooking pot. Over medium low heat bring it to a light bubble stirring occasionally. This will take about 10 minutes. If the soup reaches a rolling boil, then reduce the heat.
- Reduce the soup to a simmer and add the tortellini. Place the softened cream cheese in 1 inch pieces over the top of the soup.
- Allow the tortellini to cook through while the cream cheese melts. Frozen tortellini will take a bit longer.
- Once tortellini is cooked and cream cheese has melted stir the soup to combine.
STORE leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Be aware that the pasta may continue to absorb the liquid. REHEAT in the microwave or the stovetop. I do not recommend freezing leftovers.
For more Italian dishes try:
Crock Pot Tortellini Spinach Soup Recipe
- 20 oz cheese tortellini
- 1 10 oz. bag fresh spinach
- 2 14.5 oz cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth (I use the less sodium version)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes)
- pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot, minus the tortellini. Make sure cream cheese is cut up in 1 inch cubes before placing in crock pot.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally.
- Add tortellini and continue cooking on HIGH for an additional hour. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Gracie Road.