Deliciously smooth & Creamy Tortellini Soup is cheesy, hearty and SO warm and delicious. Everyone loves this quick, easy soup!
Serve up this cozy Creamy Tortellini Soup recipe with a side of Cheesy Garlic Bread, Focaccia Bread, or a plate of Baked Zucchini Fries. It’s made in minutes for an easy weeknight meal!
Creamy Tortellini Soup
One of my favorite recipes with the flavors of tomato is Tomato Basil Soup. Pair it with a delicious Grilled Cheese sandwich and I feel like I’m in heaven!
I saw a recipe for Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup and knew that adding tortellini was just genius! I had to give it a go and boy am I glad we did.
Creamy Tortellini Soup is flavorful, simple, and everything I expected it would be. It actually tasted like something from a nice restaurant – an elevated Tomato Soup!
This soup recipe is perfect for a chilly day in the fall, or any time of the year!
How to Make it
This easy Tortellini Soup comes together in minutes whip it up tonight!
PASTA. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
SAUCE. While tortellini is cooking, combine soup, broth, milk, half and half, tomatoes, and seasonings in a large pot. Simmer or heat through.
COMBINE + SERVE. Drain tortellini and add to soup. Stir in ½ cup shredded cheese. Serve warm and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. ENJOY!
I always share the recipe exactly how I love to make it. However, I know that it can be fun to make little adjustments to even our most favorite recipes. Here are a few that you might like to try:
- Meat. add browned Italian sausage or ground beef.
- Herbs. adjust the amount of basil to taste, add Italian seasoning, or garnish with a sprig of fresh basil.
- Vegetables. add sautéed onions, fresh baby spinach, kale, carrots, celery, or mushrooms.
- Broth or cream. use heavy cream or evaporated milk, or add greek yogurt for a creamier texture. Vegetable broth can be replaced with chicken broth or chicken stock.
- Tortellini. make fresh tortellini or other types of tortellini such as sausage or spinach-stuffed tortellini.
- Spice. add a bit of spice with some red pepper flakes or a dab of hot sauce.
Serve Tortellini Tomato Soup with:
STORE leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days. For best results, reheat Creamy Tortellini Soup on the stove, but you can also use the microwave.
FREEZE. Note that the tortellini may take on a different texture. Also, reheat the soup slowly on medium-low heat so that the cream can incorporate better. Add more half-and-half or milk to help smooth out the texture.
For more Tortellini recipes:
- Cheesy Garlic Tortellini Pasta
- Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Crockpot Tortellini Spinach Soup
- Tortellini Sausage Soup
- Steak and Tortellini Salad
Creamy Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 20 oz cheese tortellini
- 21 oz tomato soup
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups milk (2% or whole)
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese divided
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- While the tortellini is cooking, combine soup, broth, milk, half and half, tomatoes, and seasonings in a large pot. Heat through.
- Drain tortellini and add to soup. Stir in ½ cup shredded cheese.
- Serve warm and add additional cheese on top. ENJOY!
You mention half and half in the directions, but not in the ingredient list…
Way better than regular tomato soup!! Think I found what I am cooking for lunch today!
This is my go to for busy nights or bringing food to neighbors! Love it!
This soup was absolutely delicious! I made it for a family gathering and it was creamy and so flavorful!
This is a fabulous bowl of soup, so creamy and delicous!
Good flavor combination and it is quick without a lot of attention which is perfect on days I forget to plan dinner.
I have made this a handful of times this winter!! We love it!! The flavor is amazing!
I love soups! This recipe is perfect for cold weather. It’s been rather cold here but this tasty soup will warm you up in no time.
I love a delicious soup that can be made pretty easily and quickly, this one is both.