With a chocolate Oreo crust, a homemade Butterfinger ice cream filling, fluffy whipped topping, and even more Butterfingers on top, every single bite of this pie is unbelievably delicious!
easy butterfinger pie
If you need a quick and easy dessert that makes an impressive presentation, look no further. This rich and creamy Butterfinger Pie fits the bill. It can even be made ahead of time, so it is perfect for parties!
With an Oreo crust, a homemade Butterfinger ice cream filling, fluffy topping, and even more Butterfingers on top, every single bite of this pie is unbelievably delicious! It is a perfect way to cool off after a hot summer day.
It’s even great for holidays, because we all know the people who prefer chocolate over fruity pies. 😉
How to make butterfinger pie
This is one of the most important elements of your pie! But also one of the simplest.
CRUST. Just crush your Oreos (I like to put them all in a large ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or the bottom of a cup to smash them), then combine with the melted butter. Once they’re mixed together well, press into the bottom of your 9 inch pie dish (8 inch dishes work great too).
Bake your Oreo crust for 10 minutes at 375° and then cool completely. Place in the freezer while you’re preparing the rest of your pie.
Butterfinger Ice Cream Filling
This layer is the dreamiest, creamiest part of the entire pie. It’s basically a homemade ice cream FULL of butterfinger pieces.
Beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and beat until smooth. Fold in chopped Butterfingers, pour filling into the crust, and freeze for 4-6 hours.
You could switch up the ice cream filling by doing any of the following:
- Make it more butterfinger-y, by adding in more crushed candy bars to the filling.
- Make the pie base peanut butter flavored. This would involve adding in about ½ cup to a cup of creamy peanut butter to the filling mixture before pouring the filling into the crust.
- Try a different candy bar like Twix or Reese’s!
Butterfinger ice cream inside an Oreo crust is delicious enough as it is, but it’s not quite complete without this gorgeous whipped topping and crushed candy bits. Here’s how to do it:
Beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread over frozen pie, then top with the chopped Butterfinger bars.
(TIP: You could use a rubber spatula or spoon to just spread the whipped topping all over the top of the ice cream, OR you could use a piping bag with a decorative tip to pipe the whipped topping. I chose to pipe it on in little dollops, and it looked SO PRETTY!)
You can either serve it right after adding the cream topping and have it slightly soft, or you could freeze it for longer and have the whole thing frozen together.
How to store + freeze and make ahead
Can this be made ahead of time? Yes! This needs to set for awhile, so please make sure to let it sit in the freezer for hours before serving.
How long will this store for? This pie, if kept in the freezer should last anywhere from 3-4 weeks. If this is kept in the fridge however it would only last 5-7 days.
This pie is always perfect for hot summer days, but it can also make for an unconventional Thanksgiving pie. 😉 No one is ever disappointed in frozen Butterfinger pie.
You have got to give it a try!
For more yummy frozen desserts, check out:
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie
- Frozen Caramel Crunch Torte
- Easy Frozen Chocolate Pie
Frozen Butterfinger Pie Recipe
- 18 Oreos finely crushed
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk (half of a 14 oz can)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 snack sized Butterfinger bars chopped
- Combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter; press into a 9" pie pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool completely. Place in freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Beat cream until stiff peaks form. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and beat until smooth. Fold in chopped Butterfingers.
- Pour filling into the crust and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Beat cream until stiff peaks form. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread over frozen pie. Top with the chopped Butterfinger bars.