This Lemon Garlic Chicken is ready in 15 minutes or less! It’s a great weeknight chicken dinner that is full of flavor and tastes great over rice!
If you like the flavor combinations in this recipe, try our Lemon Chicken with Veggies, or our Asian Honey Garlic Chicken. They both use similar ingredients and are super simple dinners to throw together.
another easy chicken dinner!
I absolutely love quick and easy dinners!! My life is pretty hectic so I don’t have time for complicated recipes with 20+ ingredients and steps. NO THANKS!
But at the same time, I don’t want dinner to be boring either! I like using chicken breasts because when you cut them in half horizontally they cook up really quickly. Top them with a flavorful sauce and you have a meal the whole family will love.
These juicy, moist, and super flavorful chicken breasts cook quickly on the stovetop. It’s a family-friendly dinner and pairs perfectly with any steamed vegetable or simple side salad and rice.
- Chicken breast
- Butter- If you don’t want to use butter you can replace it with your favorite cooking oil.
- Soy Sauce- I prefer to use a reduced-sodium soy sauce and not the one labeled Dark Soy Sauce. It is a little too overpowering for this dish.
Don’t be fooled by this short list of ingredients because I promise you they give this chicken phenomenal flavor!
How to make lemon garlic Chicken
PREP CHICKEN. Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make them thinner. This helps them cook faster. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper to taste then dredge each in flour. Melt the butter in a large skillet and brown the chicken breasts. About 3 minutes on each side.
While the chicken is browning prepare your remaining ingredients. This is important because the recipe goes fast and you don’t want to burn the garlic while measuring the other ingredients.
GARLIC SAUCE. Remove the chicken and set aside. Add the garlic to the pan and stir constantly for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients stirring well to combine.
COMBINE. Add chicken back to the pan and turn the chicken to coat in the sauce.
Tips, Tricks + SERving suggestions
Make Extras. You can easily make a few extra chicken breasts and use them in various other recipes throughout the week. Take a look at some of the serving suggestions above!
Store. Keep any leftovers or extras in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to three days.
What to serve it with? Here are a few suggestions….
- Serve it over rice or cauliflower rice
- Add a simple side salad
- Make steamed or roasted vegetables
- This chicken is also great sliced on top of a salad – like caesar salad!
For more of our favorite chicken recipes, try:
- Crispy Chicken Tenders
- Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake
- Baked BBQ Chicken
- Popcorn Chicken
- Crockpot Ranch Chicken
Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create 4 thinner breasts. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper to taste and coat each in flour.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is browning prepare your remaining ingredients. It is important to have everything ready so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Add garlic to pan and stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Remove from stove and add chicken to the pan and turn to coat.