It’s Wednesday! And that means, it’s time for another Tried and True recipe!!
Today’s winner is a super simple but delicious Crockpot Ranch Chicken, cooked up the easy way – in a crock pot! My favorite thing about this recipe is that the ingredients are all items I keep handy in my kitchen at all times. My second favorite thing (or maybe its tied with the first) is how simple this recipe is to put together.
Dinner can sometimes be a challenge, so when I find a recipe that makes my life easier, I hold on to it. This Ranch Chicken recipe was just so simple and loved by the whole crew, that we will definitely be making it again. To change it up we may add different veggies, but carrots are a family favorite and they were a great addition to this recipe.
I think we can all agree that slow cooker recipes are the best and require such little work! We loved that with the crock pot, we could make a new, delicious recipe that was flavorful and kid-friendly!
Crockpot Ranch Chicken
Crockpot Ranch Chicken - a simple and flavorful chicken recipe made in the slow cooker that has cheese and carrots and served on rice.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix or 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup carrots
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
Mix soup and ranch seasoning in a 5-7 quart slow cooker.
- Gradually add the water, stirring to prevent lumps. Stir in the baby carrots.
- Add chicken; cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-5 hours.
- ½ hour before the minimum cook time, add the cubed cream cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and continue cooking for 30 minutes. Stir to blend together. Serve.
Adapated from The Midnight Baker.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 4-6
- ANY CHANGES MADE: we didn’t use bell peppers, added baby carrots instead
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
For more slow cooker chicken recipes, check out:
And for even more Crock pot chicken recipes: