It’s Wednesday! And that means, it’s time for another Tried and True recipe!!
Today’s winner is a super simple but delicious Crockpot Ranch Chicken, cooked up the easy way – in a crock pot! My favorite thing about this recipe is that the ingredients are all items I keep handy in my kitchen at all times. My second favorite thing (or maybe its tied with the first) is how simple this recipe is to put together.
Dinner can sometimes be a challenge, so when I find a recipe that makes my life easier, I hold on to it. This Ranch Chicken recipe was just so simple and loved by the whole crew, that we will definitely be making it again. To change it up we may add different veggies, but carrots are a family favorite and they were a great addition to this recipe.
I think we can all agree that slow cooker recipes are the best and require such little work! We loved that with the crock pot, we could make a new, delicious recipe that was flavorful and kid-friendly!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 envelope dry ranch dressing/seasoning mix -OR- ¼ cup homemade ranch seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut in small cubes
- 3 TB grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix soup and ranch seasoning in a 5-7 quart slow cooker.
- Gradually add the water, stirring to prevent lumps. Stir in the baby carrots.
- Add chicken; cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-5 hours.
- ½ hour before the minimum cook time, add the cubed cream cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and continue cooking for 30 minutes. Stir to blend together. Serve.
Adapated from The Midnight Baker.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 4-6
- ANY CHANGES MADE: we didn’t use bell peppers, added baby carrots instead
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
For more slow cooker chicken recipes, check out:
And for even more Crock pot chicken recipes: