I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m not a huge fan of fruity desserts. Some, I absolutely love, but in general I usually want a chocolate and caramel drenched sweet instead. 😉 Having said that, with it being spring and with things warming up, I’m craving tons of fruit and am very open to the idea of fruity desserts! When my mom came to visit last year we thought we’d give this next recipe a try, and let me tell you – it was delicious!! It comes from Just a Pinch, and was so easy to make and was just perfect for the warm weather. We served it with cool whips, but it would be just as good with ice cream!
If you like peaches and you like the cake batter taste, then I think you’d definitely love these Peaches N Cream Bars. I can’t wait to make them again already just because they were do stinking good and were a hit with the entire family. 🙂
I may have been converted to fruity desserts just with this recipe alone. I found myself cutting off little squares all night long!
If you’d like to make this too, here’s the recipe:
Yummy!!! I admit I was a little hesitant as to how much I’d like these bars when we were making them, and I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious and addictive they were!!!
If you do have leftovers (which may be unlikely) be sure to store it in the refrigerator.
For more great fruity recipes, be sure to check out:
Peaches N Cream Bars Recipe
Delicious Peaches n Cream Bars - They're easy, delicious and perfect for summer! Ingredients include a white cake mix, peaches, and cream cheese!
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 29 oz peach slices drained
- 8 oz cream cheese bar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg in a large bowl and mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Set aside 1½ cups of crumbs.
- Press remaining crumbs into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While baking, cut your peaches into 1 inch pieces.
- When 10 minutes is up, spoon peaches over bottom layer.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla in a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Spread over peaches and sprinkle reserved crumbs over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.