With summer on its way, I thought it would be the perfect time to share these refreshing key lime pie bars. They’re everything you love about traditional key lime pie, with a delicious twist! Many of my posts here on Lil’ Luna are recipes for cheesecake, this one is no different. What can I say? I’m kind of obsessed! This time I went easy on the cream cheese and only added a little, just enough to thicken the bars a bit and give them a little more creaminess and tang. Oh my goodness, they are absolutely divine. If I could, I would eat these ALL summer long!
They’re super easy to make and only require 10 ingredients. Aside from the chilling, they take about 35 minutes to make, start to finish. Not too bad, right?! These delicious key lime pie bars need to go on your must-make list! They were a huge hit with my family, I know they’ll get rave reviews from yours too!
That filling is amazing!
This dessert really is the perfect treat to enjoy during the warm weather. The flavor of lime infused within the cheesecake/pie filling will hit the spot! We will definitely be bringing this to all of our summer events because we know it will be a hit. Be sure to give the recipe a try and let us know how it goes.
Key Lime Pie Bars:
Key Lime Pie Bars Recipe
- 15 sheets graham crackers (or 30 squares)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 6 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor or in a large ziploc bag with a rolling pin, crush the graham crackers until fine crumbs form.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar, salt and butter, mix to combine. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the lined pan. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the condensed milk and mix until combined.
- Then, add the egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition followed by the lime zest, juice and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
- Pour the filling over the hot, baked crust. Return to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until set. The top should not brown. Remove from the oven and chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours before serving. I prefer dense, cold bars, so I generally give them the full 4 hours, however, the pictures taken above were shot after 2 hours.
- Cut and serve, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For more recipes head on over to Life Made Simple!
For more lime treats, check out these recipes: