A buttery, cinnamon cake with cinnamon, brown sugar and pumpkin puree swirls, topped with a sweet pumpkin spice glaze. This Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake is what pumpkin spice dreams are made of!
FALL TAKE ON A CLASSIC FAVORITE
This recipe is a take on the classic Cinnamon Roll Cake that we have been making for years. Everyone knows that the pumpkin and cinnamon combo is the best, so I thought I’d try a pumpkin version of this favorite dish. I’m happy to report that it did not disappoint and that it was a HIT!
To enjoy it warm out of the oven with glaze dripping down the sides is pretty heavenly. If you look at the picture above, I think it speaks for itself. This cake is so delicious and is perfect for anyone who loves pumpkin. 😀
I will note that you are welcome to add as much pumpkin spice as you want if you are looking for it to be more pumpkin-y. We loved it just as it was, and I think you will too.
making the pumpkin cinnamon swirl
Mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla together. Once everything is mixed well, slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour the cake batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
Mix the pumpkin topping ingredients together and evenly drop spoonfuls over the cake batter. Swirl the topping and cake mixture with a knife by partially inserting the knife in the cake mix and moving the knife up and down the length of the pan.
Bake at 350° for 32-35 minutes. While the cake is in the oven, make the pumpkin spice glaze and drizzle over the cake while it’s still warm.
Can I use cream cheese frosting instead? Cream cheese and pumpkin is a delicious combination. Using cream cheese frosting instead of glaze would be so yummy. You can find a cream cheese frosting recipe over on our cinnamon rolls post.
We love to eat this pumpkin cinnamon cake while it’s still warm and the glaze is all gooey. It’s beyond delicious!!
I dunno about you, but I cannot wait to have this more often in the fall!!
Here are some more pumpkin recipes we love:
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Magic Pumpkin Cake
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
- Mini Glazed Pumpkin Donut Muffins
- Frosted Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Trifle
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 5 TB milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla together.
- Stir in melted butter, slowly. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix topping ingredients (3/4 cup butter softened, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and pumpkin puree). Drop over cake mixture evenly.
- Swirl your topping and cake mixture with a knife going up and down the length of the pan (but only inserting it in the cake mix a little - not all the way).
- Bake for 32-35 minutes.
- Top with the glaze which is made by mixing powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, milk, vanilla. Drizzle over the cake while it's still warm. ENJOY!