I love pancakes, and I love pumpkin, so sharing a Pumpkin Pancakes recipe is just inevitable. Like I’ve shared before, I haven’t always been a fan of pumpkin-flavored recipes, but now that I’ve converted I’m all about sharing the delicious fall pumpkin dishes with you guys.
We tried these amazing Pumpkin Pancakes back in July and couldn’t believe how soft and delicious they were. They had just the right amount of pumpkin and cinnamon that made you want to eat a stack without even knowing it. We found the recipe on Allrecipes, but after looking at the reviews, we modified the ingredients according to one reader’s suggestions and loved the result. Super soft, super tasty and perfect Pumpkin Pancakes in minutes.
For this recipe, regular syrup would be great but we knew it would be even better with buttermilk syrup (have you tried it before?? AMAZING!!) With the fall flavors, I added a little bit of cinnamon to the syrup and the result was out of this world. I honestly am not sure if you can find a more delicious fall-flavored breakfast recipe than this one. I really think you’ll love this recipe because even the non-pumpkin lovers in the family were devouring these guys. 😉
BEST Pumpkin Pancakes:
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1⅓ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix together milk. Pumpkin, egg and oil in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just enough to combine.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or frying pan over medium/high heat.
- Scoop about ¼ - ⅓ cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
- Serve with cinnamon buttermilk syrup and ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.
CINNAMON BUTTERMILK SYRUP RECIPE:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk (or for a substitute we do ½ cup milk with 1 tsp. lemon juice)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Make buttermilk syrup by melting butter in a pan on low-medium heat. Add sugar, buttermilk, vanilla and cinnamon – mix with whisk. Add baking soda and stir until all combined. Well be foamy at first and will then return to normal.